As a media buyer you will negotiate, purchase and monitor advertising space and airtime on behalf of clients. The aim is to reach the highest number of people in the target audience at the lowest possible cost.
- Business or management.
- Media studies and communications.
Identifying the target audience for a particular media campaign and deciding how best to communicate to that audience.
- Keeping up to date with industry research figures, including distribution figures (social media, blogs, news websites) and audience figures (podcasts, radio and television).
- Monitoring buying strategy.
liaising and building relationships media sales companies.
- Negotiating with media sales companies to obtain the best rates and most appropriate media spaces in online, broadcast and other types of advertising.
- Communicating with media sales people to adjust media schedules in response to audience figures.
- Booking individual advertising spots, e.g. pages, posters, internet banners and broadcast adverts.