Looking for the perfect job? Jobboom is here to help! Our job search experts have compiled a list of resources that will help you discover opportunities, write concise and professional resumés, and develop strategies that will help you feel at ease during job interviews.
- 5 steps to finding a job : When it’s time to begin searching for a job, it can be difficult to know exactly where to start. These five easy steps will help you get started on your quest for the perfect position.
- How to (really) understand job postings : Are you having a hard time “reading between the lines” of a job description? Here are four tips that will help you determine whether a job posting is right for you.
- Job search dilemmas : Whether you’re a first-time job seeker or a seasoned pro, you’re bound to encounter a few bumps in the road while searching for the position that’s right for you.
- How to write a resumé : You will probably spend hours polishing your resumé, but its important to remember that hiring managers will only spend about 30 seconds skimming through it. Here are some tips on how to craft an efficient, effective resumé that truly represents who you are.
- 3 resumé elements that make you stand out : Generally, employers and recruiters only spend a few seconds scanning a candidate’s cover letter before moving on to the next application. This is why it’s essential for job seekers to quickly capture a reader’s attention with precise language and professional presentation.
- Five resumé strategies for people who want to change careers : Changing your career path can be one of the most rewarding decisions you ever make – but if you’re not sure how to market yourself in unfamiliar territory, the transition can be problematic. These five strategies will help you revise your resumé to kick off your new career.
- 10 tough interview questions… and how to answer them : With so many job hunters on the market, candidates need to be prepared to handle tough interview questions with professionalism and ease. The trick to fielding hardball questions is to realize why recruiters are asking them: to gauge how fast you think, and how well you perform under pressure.
- How to ace your second interview : You’ve demonstrated that you’re a qualified candidate and have been invited to a second interview. The odds of being hired have increased but it’s by no means a slam dunk. In the second interview, questions will be tougher and you’ll likely be expected to meet — and impress — a longer list of people.
- Don’t hesitate to evaluate : So you’ve interviewed for a dream job, but before you’re even out the door you feel certain that you won’t be getting a call back for a second interview. Whether the hiring manager used words or expressions to tell you, you can tell that the answer is “no.” Don’t get discouraged – there are always other opportunities on the horizon.
- Local employment centres (Emploi-Québec) : Quebec’s local employment centres (CLE’s) offer services and resources to individuals who require assistance to find employment. As well, local employment centres provide access to provincial social programs, including last-resort financial assistance for those in need. Local employment centres also provide assistance to businesses seeking to improve their human resources administration and development practices. To find a CLE near you, click the “Local employment centre locator” tab located in the menu on the right side of this page.
- Immigration Québec : The Immigration Québec website is the official portal for newcomers to Québec. Explore the “Where to Settle” section to find information about the Québec economy, employment statistics, immigration procedures and cultural life in Québec, as well links to useful resources for each region of the province.
- Service Canada : Service Canada centres provide information about and access to federal government programs, including Employment Insurance for individuals, services for small businesses and more. Click on the “Find a Service Canada office” link under the “Contact Us” tab to find the Service Canada office closest to you.