What’s a secret to success? Mindfulness.
Mind has unlimited potential, but it must be trained. Research, from varied disciplines including neuroscience and psychology, demonstrate that when the body is in peak condition and the trained mind is focused, an individual can achieve the extraordinary.
Mind power can help you attain desired professional goals. Quester Barbara, a former technical writer, imagined herself tending her herb garden and teaching in Hawaii. She’s currently living her dream.
Your brain contributes to the state of your mind. Your brain waves and subconscious mind play key parts in your quest for fulfillment. Scientists have identified five brain wave frequencies and how they affect an individual’s state of mind: Alpha, Beta, Theta, Delta, and Gamma. By learning about the deeper states of consciousness, you can use your subconscious mind to attain desired goals.
Your alert, logical, and critical reasoning mind, Beta, has brain wave frequencies of 14 to 38 cycles per second. When you’re in a relaxed state, at the Alpha level, brain waves are 7.5 to 13 cycles per second. This is the optimal time to program your mind for success.
Train your mind to attain your professional goal
- Write your goal and deadline. Have a clear picture of your desired outcome and timeline. Ensure your goal is consistent with your purpose. Indicate why you want this goal. Include the benefits to yourself and others.
- Believe you will attain your goal. Expect to achieve it.
- Be prepared. Preparation gives you confidence to flow through the experience, so be thoroughly prepared for that job interview.
- Focus on your goal. Be present in the moment. Concentration is like a laser beam that cuts through obstacles. All your activities should lead to goal attainment.
- Experience living your goal today. Include details. Notice how it feels, smells, sounds, and looks. Tiger Woods mentally pictures his golf ball rolling into the hole. Mentally picture yourself living your desired job. If you find this challenging, make a collage or take a photograph depicting your goal.
- Be positive. Positive thoughts attract positive outcomes. Think and talk about outcomes you want.
- Stay relaxed mentally and physically. Enjoy yourself; get into the flow of the moment. Be playful, trust the process.
- Live a clean life. Strengthen loving, compassionate, altruistic qualities. All of us are part of a universal force, and we can learn to experience this force within through solitude. To work with this force you must be authentic, patient, disciplined.
You are the director of your life, and create your life script by thoughts. Use these techniques to awaken yourself and build a bright future. Read Questers Dare to Change Your Job and Life: www.questersdaretochange.com.
Dr. Carole Kanchier, career and personal growth expert, is author of the award-winning, groundbreaking book, Questers Dare to Change Your Job and Life. A registered psychologist, coach, speaker, and columnist, Carole Kanchier practices in Calgary: email@example.com