Vous avez déjà créé un compte Jobboom avec ce courriel.
Veuillez entrer votre mot de passe Jobboom. Nous pourrons alors associer votre compte Jobboom existant à votre connexion avec Facebook.
Location TORONTO , Ontario, Canada
Category Information Technology
Job Opened 01/20/2017
Education Bachelor's Degree
Job Number 170000SQ
Job Type Full Time
Hudson’s Bay Company is one of the fastest-growing department store retailers in the world. In North America, HBC’s leading banners include Hudson’s Bay, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue, Gilt, Saks OFF 5TH, Find @ Lord & Taylor, and Home Outfitters. In Europe, HBC’s banners include GALERIA Kaufhof (the largest department store group in Germany), Galeria INNO (Belgium’s only department store group), and Sportarena. At HBC we are a company of adventurers who explore uncharted territory, challenge convention, and work with imagination and fun.
The Senior Systems Analyst, HR Systems is a member of a project team which may be developing a new system, acquiring a software package, or enhancing or supporting an existing system. You will be accountable to the Manager or Project Leader for the development of fully integrated business applications. This role is responsible for determining the requirements and feasibility of computer-based information systems, which includes preparing high-level systems designs. This involves conducting interviews with the user representatives and other area experts (e.g. vendors, communications and database staff), and analyzing findings, identifying system alternatives and recommending the most appropriate solution in terms of costs and benefits.
Role responsibilities include:
1. Establish the economic and technical feasibility of systems solutions for very complex business issues and operations.
2. Define systems solutions.
3. Develop user requirements and computer and manual systems specifications
4. Design business systems, both manual and computer components. Develop logic flows, manual work flow, data verification and control methods, and program, file and record specifications. Recommend equipment modifications or acquisitions to optimize the application systems’ operation.
5. Act as system architect during all phases of development through to system acceptance
6. Act as business and design advisor to more junior professionals on all aspects of systems definition.
7. Head quality reviews of all phases of systems development.
8. Develop and execute testing strategies including unit, string, sub-system and integration testing.
9. Ensure that tests satisfy the requirements of Systems Development, the user area and other departments.
10. Conduct tests as required and communicate design plans and results to obtain final systems acceptance.
11. May act as team leader/work coordinator for groups of six to fifteen people.
The successful candidate should be a respected and proven with a quantifiable track record of success in delivering results within a large complex organization. He/she must have the ability to quickly assess a new environment and develop solutions that support the business strategy, critical objectives, and cultural norms. He/she must be creative with a strategic mindset along with the ability to turn concepts into action. He/she must have strong relationship building and influence skills. The successful candidate will be a change agent who is flexible, resilient, and able to thrive in a dynamic, rapid paced environment. He/she will embody a culture of taking smart risks and innovating to win.
Minimum of 3+ years of associate/HR systems experience; retail experience is a plus.
Minimum of 5+ years of technical experience in a software development environment.
Knowledge of programming languages (COBOL, DB2, EASYTRIEVE, JAVA HTML .NET), techniques, JCL, complex operating environments, and change control.
Excellent project management and leadership skills.
Ability to operate in a fast past dynamic organization where change is a constant.
A post-secondary education in Information technology or related field required.
Strong verbal and written communications skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts.
Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills and the ability to take an innovative approach to business problems.
Strong interpersonal skills with a focus on teamwork, sharing knowledge and expertise as it relates to the role.
Nouveau sur Jobboom
Votre profil et votre CV seront désormais visibles par les employeurs.
N’oubliez pas de compléter votre profil et de mettre à jour votre CV pour aider les employeurs à vous trouver.