Starting date As soon as possible
FPInnovations is among the world’s largest private forest research institutes, with the goal of strengthening the Canadian forest sector’s global competitiveness through research and development, knowledge transfer and implementation. FPInnovations provides high value technology transfer and cost-competitive research addressing both the short-term and strategic needs of its members and clients.
Under the supervision of the Director, Corporate Communications, the Writer/Editor and Communications Coordinator supports the objectives of the Corporate Communications Department in the preparation and organization of information intended for FPInnovations' various audiences and stakeholders. He will develop and implement strategies and plans aimed at improving communications with all personnel and encouraging the establishment of a more open and dynamic work environment. He will provide support to the Human Resource team, the vice-presidents and the managers in their presentations to staff and for other internal communications.
• Writing, editing and revising a variety of texts, such as articles, notices, announcements and other content published in annual reports, on Web sites, in newsletters and in other public documents
• Coordinating external services involved in the writing, editing, revision and translation of texts
• Contributing to the increased competitiveness of the organization by encouraging a greater visibility of the organization’s services, and by preparing and communicating consistent messages concerning all aspects of the organization
• Producing communication materials such as articles, fact sheets, newsletters, etc.
• Writing or coordinating the writing of content for the organization’s various electronic communications media
• Coordinating the translation services required by the Corporate Communications Department
• As a member of the Corporate Communications team, contributing to the development and implementation of various communications strategies, both internal and external
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism or a related field, or equivalent education and/or work experience
• Three to five years experience in journalism or an equivalent function; strong understanding of the sector an asset
• Excellent communication skills, notably in research, writing and editing
• Strong and demonstrated computer skills in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, FileMaker Pro and Outlook. Basic understanding of Adobe InDesign and SharePoint an asset
• Strong and demonstrated computer skills in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, FileMaker Pro and Outlook; basic understanding of Adobe InDesign and SharePoint an asset
• Perfectly fluent in both official languages, both written and spoken
FPInnovations is among the world’s largest private, non-profit research centers working in forest research. The organization helps the Canadian forest industry to develop path breaking solutions based on the unique attributes of Canada’s forest resources, favoring a sustainable development approach and taking full advantage of the industry’s considerable scientific, technological and commercial capital.