Every day, you help entrepreneurs grow their business by partnering with a solid team. Beyond numbers and business performance, you help people meet their goals and achieve their dreams. At BDC, we support you in that role.
- Develop and analyse technical designs and requirements which meet a project's functional specifications while minimizing subsequent maintenance
- Design, document, develop and deliver the appropriate technical solutions based on information architecture, taxonomy analysis, and functional and non-functional requirements
- Act as consultant to systems analysts for Software development, configuration and design
Review programming code to ensure development standards are respected and compatible with the software, analysis and design, following "best practices" for documentation
- Work with functional analysts to develop functional specifications for business understanding of complexities and solutions
- Ensure quality and stability of delivered IT systems by detailed analysis, design and implementation as well as test cases and by the development of automated tests to validate proper function
- Put together and ensure the proper functioning of unit tests and repair failures prior to migrating to Quality Assurance and participating in the implementation of systems between environments (Test and Development) up to Production
- Adapt to changing technology, learning and applying new methods for achieving the goals of the organization
Specific responsabilities related to the BRE:
•Designing, developing and maintaining Business Rule Engine components using FICO Blaze Advisor technology.
•Business requirements definition.
•Development of detailed technical specifications for simple application components.
•Coding of simple to moderately complex application components based on design specifications.
•Creating basic entity relationship data models for a relational database.
•Performing testing, maintenance and problem resolution on web applications.
•Developing systems, writing and testing programs, testing sub-systems, identifying and resolving problems, and preparing systems for implementation.
•Training on up-to-date industry and technical skills.
•Researching technical and industry developments in competing technologies
•Creating basic functional, technical and/or end user documentation
•Implementing and deploying custom-developed and packaged solutions
•Assisting in the knowledge transfer process.
•Mentoring less experienced team members.
•Providing services in both official languages (French & English). Functional level requested.
Education & Experience
•BA/BS degree required (Computer Science/MIS concentration preferred, minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA)
•Minimum 5 years development experience on Microsoft technology with minimum of 2 years' experience on FICO Blaze Advisor technology or similar BRE product.
•Having an in depth understanding of BRE methodology / technology.
•Experience with FICO Blaze technology or any decision engine software is a plus.
•Practical experience to include:
Programming concepts (object oriented and structured)
Practical experience in HTML and XML
Relational database design
Problem solving logic and analytical skills
Practical experience with Web application design and development experience
Practical experience with SQL Server 2008
•Proven experience utilizing a structured design technique (e.g. Use cases, Object models, ) to define business requirements
•Practical experience in Agile development methodology.
Skills & Knowledge
•Ability to work independently and as a member of a larger project team.
•Strong written and verbal communication skills.
•High level of self-motivation and goal-setting.
•Strong debugging / troubleshooting experience.
•Strong analysis, documentation and problem-solving skills. Capacity to clearly understand and synthesize complex situation.
•Strong interpersonal skills
•Demonstrated working experience with MS Team Foundation Server and Visual Studio 2010.
•Significant architectural design and application development experience.
•Experience with integrating disparate systems.
•Microsoft certification an asset.
•Experience with (CRM) and Loan Origination an asset
At BDC, we value diversity in our workforce and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We appreciate all responses and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
BDC provides small and medium-sized businesses with flexible financing, affordable consulting services and venture capital. BDC supports the needs of entrepreneurs at every stage of growth.
Canada’s Top 100 Employers for 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012 & 2013
Employer Business Development Bank of Canada