A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
The Transportation Analyst is responsible for monitoring and analyzing tansportation management business processes such as customs, documentation, finance, reports and analysis, and flow of freight to ensure that Ryder’s solutions are meeting the customer’s requirement. The Transportation Analyst handles repeatable analysis, tasks driving continuous cost, and service improvement by recommending and implementing stated improvements. These tasks require both customer and carrier interfacing.
• Monitor and manage key performance indicators and execute root cause analysis utilizing TM operating systems
• Provide all support function activity including accuracy and timeliness of data processing, reporting analysis, and all other customer specific inquiries
• Interact with clients in resolving problems and coordinating implementations
• Cohesively work with internal SME(s) to resolve problems and/or support implementations
• Process and distribute weekly and monthly customer metrics and develop customer performance reports
• Prepare various reports as required or any support document needed as well as updating SCLM and SCMP
• Initiates continuous process improvement activities and monitors results
• Assume responsibility in measuring the transportation networks cost and service performance as well as analyze, implement, and developing improvement initiatives in support of the Account Executive
• Coordinate the activities of TM procurement to achieve best cost/service solution network
• Assume responsibility for preparation in support of client quarterly and monthly account reviews
• Evaluate, quantify and present opportunities for continuous improvement at assigned accounts
• Perform other duties as assigned
• College degree or technical certification in business, logistics, transportation; a combination of other education and experiences will be considered.
• Bachelor's degree in business, logistics, transportation preferred
• Two (2) years or more of industry related experience
• Two (2) years or more experience in custom and flow of freight as well as transportation management
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Bilingual skills in French and English (for Quebec Locations only)
• Strong planning and organizational skills
• High degree of initiative
• Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent interpretation of complex statistical data
• Must be computer literate and able to use the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Access, and PowerPoint required) as well as internet for work-related matters
• Demonstrated customer service skills
• Ability to develop and deliver effective presentations
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Detail-oriented and customer focus
• Advanced level working knowledge of FBAP, TIS, ROL and TM systems
• Advanced level knowledge of statistical and transportation analysis tools such as Minilab, SAS, Metlab, 12, Tmod, and ILPS
Ryder has had operations in Canada for over 50 years and offers unrivalled expertise in cost-effective transportation and supply chain solutions for both small and large businesses. Headquartered in Mississauga, Ontario and with a network of over 35 Company-operated facilities across the country, Ryder Canada is well positioned to provide consistent, high-quality services to local, regional and national companies.
Ryder Canada offers a full range of Supply Chain, Distribution and Transportation Solutions. To help customers meet their key objectives, the specific needs of the Canadian market are addressed in our service offering.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.