A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
Work will be completed in a safe, professional and timely manner. Must be able to test for proper operation, using basic test equipment and procedures. Must be able to perform most component removal, disassembly, and reconditioning, following Technical Manual procedures. Must be able to safely operate all machines. Must conduct themselves in the presence of customers in a manner that promotes a positive image of the company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(Other duties may be assigned)
• Follow all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments;
• Recondition and repair all engines, transmission, tractors and industrial equipment assigned by the shop supervisor;
• Diagnose problems and determine what repairs are needed;
• Keep records required to establish cost of parts and service charges to the customer;
• Handle customer problems both objectively and tactfully;
• Assist in directing work of helpers or on the job trainees and provide instructions as required;
• Maintain a clean work area and perform miscellaneous duties associated with the job;
• Develop skills in disassembly, assembly and repair of components and machines;
• Perform all service tasks as assigned by the Service Manager or Shop Foreman;
• Prepare all reports and forms required in conjunction with job assignments;
• Report any additional work required on equipment to the Service Manger, for proper and safe operation by the customer;
• Participate in all training programs as directed by the Service Manager;
• Maintain a clean work area and perform work in a neat and orderly fashion;
• Bring to the attention of the Service Manager any shop tools, equipment or vehicle that is not in a serviceable condition or is unsafe to use;
• Always conduct self so as to present a professional image of the dealership.
Health and Safety:
It is our expectation that all Nortrax Employees will conduct their work in a safe manner, abide by all Nortrax safety policies and report all hazardous conditions and unsafe work procedures.
Although much of time will be situated in an office/shop environment, occasional travel to other branches may be required.
Minimum Skills and Qualifications:
1. Must be self motivated and a team player with the ability to communicate with personnel and customers when required;
2. Heavy Equipment license preferred;
3. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals;
4. Ability to write diagnosis and work completed on routine reports and correspondence;
5. Ability to speak effectively one on one or before groups;
6. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form;
7. Bilingual an asset.
This job description does not include a complete listing of all the duties and functions of the position. Management reserves the right to assign other duties or projects as necessary.
In accordance with the Nortrax Accommodation Policy, reasonable accommodation of any of these qualifications may be considered.
Nortrax, Inc., a John Deere company operates John Deere construction and forestry dealerships in 54 locations throughout the United States and Canada. We are committed to serving those linked to the land based on our core values of integrity, quality, commitment and innovation, values that have sustained John Deere for 177 years. As North America’s largest John Deere construction and forestry retailer, Nortrax goes above and beyond customer expectations to deliver the industry’s highest standard of product sales and support, everyday. And that’s more than a promise, it’s an attitude.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.