EMPOWERED PEOPLE POWERING INDUSTRY
Wajax is a leading Canadian industrial products and services provider engaged in the sale and service support of mobile equipment, power systems, and industrial components. Reflecting a diversified exposure to the Canadian economy, Wajax operates through a network of over 100 branches across Canada, with over 2,500 Wajax team members.
The mechanic conducts the troubleshooting, diagnostic and repairs of motors and transmissions.
• Inspects and troubleshoots engines, transmissions, components, and equipment to detect and diagnose faults and malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment; determines extent of repair required.
• Adjusts, rebuilds and repairs heavy equipment, replacing defective parts, components, or systems in an efficient, timely, and financially responsible manner.
• Completes associated service paperwork; updates and maintains all service records and prepares reports in a timely manner.
• Works as part of a larger team within the company to ensure the efficient operation of the service department and the satisfaction of customers; performs weekend on call through regular rotation.
• Diploma in truck or heavy equipment mechanics program or equivalent
• Proven ability in mechanics problem analysis and troubleshooting.
• Valid driver’s license
• Experience using common diagnostics software (e.g: Allison DOC, Detroit Diesel DDDL and MTU Diasis)
More than just a Competitive Salary
Going to work should be engaging, stimulating and rewarding, but it should also help you fulfill your needs, and propel your future! This is why Wajax offers a total compensation package that includes competitive pay, comprehensive benefits, learning and development, and some unique additional “perks.” Highlights of our programs include:
• 100% employer paid medical and dental benefits with no waiting period for eligibility
• Annual tool reimbursement starting at $360 for full-time employees
• Employee pension Plan
• Discounts with the “Big 3” auto manufacturers equivalent to their internal employee pricing
• As a national company, you have the opportunity to work where you live, or where you want to live!
Wajax is committed to employing a workforce that is representative of the diverse communities across Canada in which we do business. As an equal opportunity employer, please inform us if any accommodation is required if contacted for an interview.
As a condition of employment, final candidates will be subject to pre-screening.
Back to top
Rewarding Careers Begin at Wajax
Wajax Corporation is a leading Canadian distributor engaged in the sale and service support of mobile equipment, power systems and industrial components. Reflecting a diversified exposure to the Canadian economy, Wajax has three distinct business divisions, which operate through a network of over 100 branches across Canada, with almost 2,800 Wajax team members.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.