We are looking for a strong mobile technician who has the ability to diagnose and repair a variety of vehicles: Cummins, Detroit, Freightliners, Internationals, Volvos, GMCs and Fords. The Mobile Technician will be responsible to troubleshoot and repair of heavy duty and medium duty diesel or gasoline powered trucks.
◦ The disassembly/overhaul of engines or engine components, transmissions, refrigeration equipment, clutches and other assemblies
◦ The diagnosis of equipment problems; identifying and replacing, as required, worn or broken parts, making all necessary adjustments and alignments
◦ Coaching and developing apprentices
◦ Assisting the Lube Technicians and Service Employees as required
◦ Keeping the shop clean
◦ Customer relations - dealing with both internal and external customers
◦ Ensuring maximum customer satisfaction by providing effective and reliable maintenance to our trucks
• DEP (Professional Diploma) in Heavy Duty Mechanics
• Safety conscious, ability to work in a safety driven environment
• Current knowledge of company furnished technical literature, vendors' technical bulletins and latest equipment advancements
• Proficiency with all tools of the trade, shop machines and power tools, and electronic diagnostic equipment
• PC literate, reliable and team-oriented with solid customer service skills
• Flexible availability between days, afternoons and weekends.
• Valid driver's license and clean driving record
Ryder has had operations in Canada for over 50 years and offers unrivalled expertise in cost-effective transportation and supply chain solutions for both small and large businesses. Headquartered in Mississauga, Ontario and with a network of over 35 Company-operated facilities across the country, Ryder Canada is well positioned to provide consistent, high-quality services to local, regional and national companies.
Ryder Canada offers a full range of Supply Chain, Distribution and Transportation Solutions. To help customers meet their key objectives, the specific needs of the Canadian market are addressed in our service offering.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.