A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
Beacon Roofing Supply, Inc. is the largest publicly traded distributor of residential and non-residential roofing and complementary building products in North America with more than 4,500 employees and 365 branches. In Canada, we currently operate 21 branches located in 6 different provinces. We are recognized throughout the building supply industry for having industry leading talent, superior service and top quality building products.
Beacon’s mission is to be the leading North American supplier to commercial and residential roofing and exterior building contractors through a family of long-established regional suppliers and to add value to our contractor customers' businesses, to our employees' careers, to our investors' assets, and to our suppliers' products. Our mission is underpinned by our Employer of Choice strategy which positions us to attract, develop, engage and retain the best talent in the marketplace.
We provide our customers with a comprehensive array of value-added services which distinguish us from our competition. We have earned a reputation for excellent employees, professionalism and high-quality service. We believe that quality service does not end with the delivery of materials – it ends with the successful completion of the project. As a result, “partnerships” are formed between Beacon branches and our customers that go beyond the industry norm.
Beacon has grown by expanding organically within existing regions and by making strategic acquisitions. Our business is well-balanced between new and re-roof applications in both residential and commercial markets. A highly scalable platform, a proven business model, results-oriented management and a strong people-focused corporate culture give us a solid foundation for continued growth.
Beacon Roofing Supply is publicly traded on the NASDAQ stock market under the symbol BECN. In June of 2006 Beacon Roofing Supply was named to the NASDAQ Global Select Market.
We are currently looking for a Divisional Fleet Director candidate for Beacon Canada. The primary office will be located in Montreal (QC) or Toronto (ON).
Beacon offers a competitive compensation package including an outstanding Group Insurance Program and a company subsidized RRSP Program
• Responsible for specifying and procuring equipment for specialized vocational applications.
• Experience with Provincial truck regulations and requirements.
• Ensure Beacon’s fleet is maintained to a high level of performance reducing the frequency and the severity of equipment downtime and in compliance with federal, provincial and local laws.
• Evaluate the effectiveness of Beacon’s fleet maintenance and related safety processes.
• Assist with managing vendor performance and executing against Beacon’s fleet management standards.
• Assist in managing branch operations are in compliance with Beacon’s fleet maintenance programs, policies and procedures.
• Assist others to help ensure Beacon remains in compliance with federal, state and local safety laws and regulations.
• Collaborate with and provide technical guidance to other employees, safety representatives at various levels within the organization and to outside vendors as needed.
Description: Essential duties and responsibilities include the following.
• Implement and coordinate Beacon’s fleet maintenance programs, policies and procedures.
• Required to travel approximately 25% of the time to promote, inspect, coach and train others on vehicle maintenance matters and fleet management processes.
• Provide technical and skill-based training to support the management of Beacon’s fleet of equipment.
• Manage the vehicle inspection and vendor maintenance programs to help ensure compliance with all Provincial standards and regulations in addition to Beacon’s policies and procedures.
• Develop measurement tools to audit field compliance and performance against fleet management and maintenance programs.
• Manage and monitor the administrative function of fleet transportation programs and processes.
• Review Provincial roadside violations as provided by the safety staff and assist with root cause identification and follow-up as necessary to help ensure fleet and safety matters are addressed effectively.
• Provide recommendations on fleet usage, replacement, disposal, and acquisition of equipment.
• Monitor fleet utilization and provide field operations with support for effective asset utilization during peak business timeframes.
• Help to ensure that forklifts and other equipment attachments remain in compliance with governmental regulations.
• Assist others in the selling of assets, registration and titling of equipment, and in-servicing new equipment.
• Perform other duties as assigned, including carrying out responsibilities, performing duties, using skills and working in conditions necessary to perform assigned tasks.
• 5+ years’ experience in transportation maintenance
• Bachelor or equivalent experience preferred
• Bilingualism is a must
• In-depth knowledge of legal requirements relating to transportation & systems
• Experience and/or training in Provincial rules and regulations related to safety compliance involving the Fleet (vehicles, forklifts, cranes, etc.).
• Experience in contract management, asset planning and acquisition as well as strong and proven experience negotiating with and managing third party service providers.
• Base knowledge on vehicle mechanics (asset)
• Class 1 driving license (asset)
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
• Confidentiality – Position works with confidential information and is expected to ensure the affairs of Beacon Roofing Supply are kept confidential and not disclosed to others outside the organization
• Computer skills – Strong Microsoft Office knowledge. A previous experience with Mincron and IntelliChief would be an asset.
• Communication skills – Excellent oral and written communication skills (including writing clear reports)
• Personal / Motivational – Is ethical and maintains integrity within social settings, organizational and departmental norms. Is detail- oriented to accomplish the total task no matter how small. Has initiative and works to influence events being a self-starter to originate action and goes beyond what is necessarily called for by using independent judgment.
• Practical Learning – Assimilates and applies new information while adapting to stress-related matters while effectively performing duties.
• Interpersonal – Is adaptable and flexible to maintain effectiveness with varying tasks, responsibilities and people. Creates a good first impression, commands attention and respect, shows an air of confidence, particularly in a sales or customer service scenario.
• Continued Education – Looks for ways to continually develop technical skills and keep current on new safety and/or productivity initiatives in equipment specifications and self-development training seminars/courses.
• Decision making - Excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Capacity to develop alternative course of action.
• Knowledge and reasoning – Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions containing multiple variables that are furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical solutions.
• Efficiency - Possess excellent organizational and time management skills. Must be able to multi-tasks and perform under pressure
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.