Sound Effects Designer
- As soon as possible
- To be discussed
Gameloft is currently seeking a Sound Effects Designer to join the Montreal studio’s Sound team.
Gameloft is an international developer and publisher of video games for mobile phones and consoles. Founded in 1999 and currently a leader in its sector, Gameloft distributes its games in over 75 countries. www.gameloft.com
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
Working on site with the Game Designers and Producers for a multitude of projects at Gameloft, the Sound Effects Designer is responsible for creating all the sound for upcoming games on platforms such as iPad, iPhone, PS Vita, PS3. This position is under the direct supervision of the Sound Director. There is no music composing in this role.
• Excellent knowledge of audio software compatible with the Windows platform: sequencers (Sonar, Cubase Ableton Live, Protools), audio editors (Sound Forge, WaveLab, Audition etc.). The ideal candidate must also have strong knowledge of popular VST plug-ins, necessary for audio editing and mixing.
• Thorough knowledge of technical constraints (audio optimization, memory, etc.) linked to video game sound and sound format.
• Knowledge of audio engines used in the video game industry (FMod, Wwise).
• Capacity to create and edit original sounds, in the form of audio samples, sound synthesis, etc.
• Familiar with sound effect libraries available on the market (Sound Ideas, Hollywood Edge, and others);
• Capability to systematically and effectively manage large-scale databases (with more than 2000 sounds per game);
• Ability to produce original, high-quality sound effects quickly and efficiently under pressure.
• Minimum of 3 to 5 years professional experience in Sound Design in the video game industry. Demos will be requested.
• A diploma in Sound Design is an asset.
• The ideal candidate is expected to have many years experience playing video games on consoles and have acquired a good understanding of current sound quality standards;
• Moreover, the ideal candidate should be a team player; have a strong sense of creativity, analysis and synthesis; be hard-working; have effective interpersonal skills; and have strong organizational skills;
• The ideal candidate must also be able to easily create and understand sound environments of video games.
Please forward your CV, motivation letter and Sound Portfolio to the following email address:
Only selected candidates will be contacted for a test. Your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months. Thank you for your interest in Gameloft. Applications with no demo will not be considered.
- Essential - 3 to 5 yrs of experienc in creating SFX for games
- Essential - Thorough knowledge of technical constraints
- Asset - A diploma in Sound Design is an asset
Knowledge and abilities
- Essential - Sequencers: Sonar, Cubase Ableton Live, Protools
- Essential - Audio editors: Sound Forge, WaveLab, Audition etc.
- Essential - Knowledge of Game sound engines (FMod, Wwise)
A leading global developer and publisher of downloadable video games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, including mobile phones, smartphones and tablets (including Apple® iOS and Android® devices), set top box, connected TVs and HTML5 browsers.. Gameloft partners with leading international brands such as UNO®, Spider-Man®, James Cameron’s Avatar™, Ferrari® and Sonic Unleashed®. Gameloft also operates its own established franchises, such as Real Football, Asphalt™, Modern Combat 3: Fallen Nation and N.O.V.A Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance®. Gameloft is present in all continents, distributes its games in 100 countries and employs over 4,000 developers.
Gameloft is listed on the Paris Stock Exchange (ISIN: FR0000079600, Bloomberg: GFT FP, Reuters: GLFT.PA).