Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
Wealth Management Technology (WMT) executes the technology strategy and provides the technology platform to support the Morgan Stanley Wealth Management business. WMT oversees the strategic development of technology products and services used by over 16,000 Advisors in over 700 locations, providing tailored, end-to-end solutions that enable our Advisors to deliver first class solutions to a broad range of clients, while tailoring solutions to meet each client’s individual needs.
Candidate will be responsible for Fixed Income capital market systems and lead development of multiple critical initiatives. The candidate will possess a proven track record of success in the following areas:
1.Development team lead for critical business initiatives
2.Financial capital markets trading technology
4.Leading development teams
The candidate must have prior experience with successfully leading development of front-office and middle-office trading systems at mid to large sized financial services companies supporting complex capital markets business processes.
A keen interest in the latest development tools and technologies is also expected.
- Overall 7+ years of experience in IT, software development, development lead and related areas
- BS/BE degree in computer science, engineering or related field
- 5+ years of hands-on programming experience in various development languages on Java and prior experience in functional programming languages/environments is a strong plus
- Successful track record of leading projects through the entire development life-cycle.
- Very strong in analysis and design of technical solutions
- Ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences. Strong communication (written & verbal) organizational, interpersonal and follow through skills.
- Must be able to interact with all levels of personnel within the organization and be effective with both business and technical teams.
- Experienced in Agile software development practices.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and define approaches to bring unfocused issues to resolution.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.