At MEGA - Mattel, our vision is "Creating the Future of Play". We achieve this goal with creative and inspired employees who know that play matters. Play is integrated into everything we do and believe as a company.
Make a difference in kids’ lives, join our Global Human Resources Team as a Seasoned Business Partner! We offer competitive compensation & benefits, as well as half-days on Fridays.
We believe in you and the potential of us!
MEGA - Mattel is seeking a Seasoned HR Business Partner (HRBP) to serve as a trusted advisor, strategist and thought leader that will contribute to the achievement of business outcomes for our Global Brand Design and Marketing Organisations. Reporting to the Vice President, Human Resources, the HR Business Partner will work closely with senior leaders from the business as well as with Mattel Corporate HR Centers of Expertise to provide full range of HR strategies, plans, and activities that will drive the achievement of business goals. In this highly visible role, the incumbent will be accountable to provide strategic advice and counsel to the SVP, Global Brand Marketing & Design and other senior members of the Executive Leadership team on strategic organisational and business initiatives, while translating the impact via measurable results.
• Develop, implement, lead and influence talent development/management activities (e.g., workforce planning, performance management process, succession planning, and organizational development);
• Lead talent review & succession planning process with leaders to ensure development and retention of key talent;
• Anticipate and proactively develop and deploy HR strategies based on business, organizational and talent objectives;
• Provide advice and consulting services to managers and employees on HR programs, practices, policies, legislation, performance related issues, including conflict resolutions, investigations, coaching and counseling of employees;
• Provide thoughtful and effective coaching to leaders on performance management, structural and staffing issues, including compensation, organization design and development, employee engagement and overall organizational effectiveness;
• Lead and support the annual performance management and compensation review programs; Partner with leaders on developing short and longer term people strategies and annual goal setting process to ensure alignment to business groups strategic priorities;
• Understand business strategy, plan, and activities, assess needs and barriers in order to drive business performance through development and delivery of people strategy and solutions;
• Promote a culture of innovation, speed, trust and accountability;
• Raise employee engagement through various strategic initiatives (employee surveys, rewards and recognition programs, career guidance, etc);
• Coach leaders to manage and maximize the skills/capabilities of their team members to create an environment of high performance and openness;
• Challenge the status quo in order to continuously add business value;
• Maintain awareness of emerging trends and best practices within business group and in external environment to ensure alignment of business objectives to the people strategy;
• Interpret and analyze management information and data to assist in making appropriate business decisions based on business and HR metrics and trends;
• Bachelor’s degree in related field; Master’s degree preferred;
• 7-10 years’ experience in HR Business Partner role;
• Superb knowledge of HR legal practices and employee relations skills;
• Experience developing and executing programs in workforce planning, talent acquisition/talent management, compensation, employee relations (succession planning, performance management, talent acquisition, and investigations), training and development, and/or legal/compliance;
• Comprehensive experience with organizational development and change management;
• Ability to build and facilitate trusting, strategic business partnerships across multiple functional groups;
• Experience providing leadership on various cross-functional projects and comfortable in a matrix environment;
• Strong analytical and conceptual skills;
• Strong communication (verbal / written), presentation (informal and formal) and interpersonal skills are a must; French/English Bilingual required;
• Ability to travel;
• Ordre des CRHA et CRIA du Québec (ORHRI) association required;
• Experience with consumer product companies (asset).
We thank all applicants for showing an interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At MEGA - Mattel, our vision is "Creating the Future of Play". We strive to achieve this vision primarily through our creative and enthusiastic employees who DARE to be innovative, and THRIVE in a friendly and fast-paced environment.
MEGA - Mattel is committed to developing employees and supporting their career goals, helping them GROW with a host of meaningful experiences and learning opportunities. And by promoting a culture of BALANCE that emphasizes working passionately and taking time to play often, we are proud of how our employees LEAD by example in all that they do!
We believe in you and the potential of us!
MEGA Brands is part of the Mattel family of companies, benefitting from the brands, distribution and marketing of the world's largest toy maker.
For more information on Mattel, visit corporate.mattel.com.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.