A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
The plant manager position based at the Faulkner Plant Manitoba need to manage the plant to ensure the highest standards are achieved in terms of safety, personnel, plant capacity and efficiency, product quality and availability.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the plant to ensure the highest standards are achieved in terms of safety,
personnel, plant capacity and efficiency, product quality and availability.
- Enhance the plant social license.
- Ensure plant compliance with all internal and external health, safety, environmental and regulatory requirements.
- Working with your team and the regional operations controller to develop and implement the operating cost and capital plan.
- Continue the enhancement of the existing safety culture such that our people are not injured on or off the job.
- Continue development of an effective team, including self-directed work groups in both the
mine and surface operations that work well across plant as well as all Graymont functions.
- Work with employees to continue to develop innovative initiatives to improve operational
- Maintain effective relationships with employees, local communities, state and federal
regulatory agencies, state and federal elected officials, suppliers, customers and
Graymont functional staff.
- Ensure the entire workforce is effectively developed, deployed and managed.
- Ensure quarry operational plans are developed and implemented for optimum ore utilization. Maintain the company’s equipment, assets, and resources to ensure maximum
long term value. Implement Strategic Blue Print and corporate initiatives, ensuring objectives are clearly communicated, understood and integrated into plant strategies.
- Implement Strategic Framework and corporate initiatives, ensuring these are clearly communicated, understood and followed within the plant.
- Contribute to the success of the Graymont Lime Group by sharing information and applying internal best practices.
- Develop and implement innovative initiatives to improve plant performance.
- Maintain effective relationships with functional groups, employees, suppliers, customers, local communities and local, state and federal governments.
- Perform “on call” duties on rotation with the supervision team.
- Proven track record of developing and maintaining a safe work culture.
- Plant operations experience (production, maintenance, quality, safety, environmental compliance).
- Applicable college degree or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral), well organized, able to process large amounts of complex information.
- Proven teambuilding and leadership skills.
- Able to motivate, coach and develop people in alignment with Graymont’s Vision and Values.
- Effective troubleshooting and decision making skills.
- Strong financial management skills (analysis, budgeting, planning, etc.).
- Computer literate.
Thank you for your interest in a position with Graymont.
Only those candidates who are determined to be a fit for the position will be contacted for further discussion.
Again, thank you for considering Graymont.
Graymont is a family-owned company whose management team and employees are dedicated to meeting or exceeding customer needs. Graymont is the second largest producer of lime in North America with facilities across Canada and the United States and a partnership with Grupo Calidra, the largest lime producer in Mexico. In addition, Graymont has 4 locations in New Zealand.
Every day, over 1,400 talented men and women bring their skills and energy to work at Graymont. That gives us our competitive edge—even beyond the value of our quality products and unparalleled service. Visit our webpage at www.graymont.com to learn more about Graymont and how to join our team.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.