A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
- Direct supervisory responsibilities for Field Service resources (mix of Subject Experts, Professionals, Technicians, etc…)
- Maintains Master Schedule for Field resources
- Interfaces with Sales Team and prepares loading charts for Field Service
- Strong focus on managing absorption levels while scheduling work
- Prepares project timetables for individual projects
- Tracks cost/time spend on jobs performed in the Field, drives corrective actions in case of budget slip
- Customer focused, Safety oriented, Team player
- Manages quality of work, staffing, performance and compensation levels
- Problem-solving requiring in-depth fact-finding, research and analysis
- Use of well-defined procedures and methodology, and ability to drive improvements of work processes
- Judgment and initiative necessary to identify priorities, resolve problems, adapt to change and choose the most efficient way to complete work
- Available 24/7 in case needed to resolve customer emergencies
- Decisions impact unit performance
- Communication includes discussions and explanation of complex information
- Routine customer communication to obtain information or answer questions
- Covers positions at the first level of supervision of other field service personnel
- Oversees the performance, training, counseling and discipline of staff including target setting
- Evaluates and implements new orders for technical support services
- Prepares staffing and equipment recommendations
- Promotes business Ethics and Safety
- Ensures PPE is issued and maintained and drives Field and Shop safety improvements
- Monitors progress on projects to drive on-time, on-scope, on-cost performance
- Develops and evaluates proposals and participates in job costing
- Maintains customer relations to ensure smooth completion of projects
- Monitors training needs, schedules training as required for Field and Shop resources
- Reviews customer service reports for completeness and additional customer follow-up
- May assist on-site during emergency service requests
- Ensures that the environmental and health & safety standards are upheld via clear commitment to HSE leadership in all matters
- Significant travel (40% of time) on occasion for customer meetings, worksite inspection/supervision, internal meetings and training/development.
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or Technologist certification
- 4 to 7 years of service experience in power transformers, protection, transmission and distribution
- Complete understanding on transformer field service requirements
- Ability to formulate solutions to technical problems, prepare technical quotations and reports
- Able and willing to be called for Customer emergency situations
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, both French and English
- Strong interpersonal skills with customers and co-workers
- Safety minded, proven safe work record and demonstrated safety leadership
- Self-motivated and ability to work in a team environment as well as autonomously (as required)
- Strong computer skills, including Power Point and Excel
- See problems as a challenge and able to find solutions through research, peer networking and Centre of Excellence networking
ABB (www.abb.com) is a global leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve their performance while minimizing environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in around 100 countries and employs about 140,000 people.
In Canada, ABB employs close to 5,000 people from coast to coast. We are the market leader in power transmission and distribution and hold leading market positions in most key product areas.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.