A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
Here at WorldGaming, we're building an awesome company and revolutionizing a booming industry. Essentially, we make sure people who love gaming can enjoy it even more by letting them take their game to the next level.
World Gaming, a division of Cineplex Entertainment, headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, is a leading gaming platform that facilitates tournaments, leagues and gaming ladders for the competitive and e-sports gaming community both online and in live venues. Cineplex currently has an opening for the position of General Manager, World Gaming to lead this business, reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, Cineplex Entertainment. This position is based at our World Gaming office located in downtown Toronto and will oversee all aspects of the business in terms of day to day operations and expansion of the concept. The successful candidate will be a role model for the Company’s Values, abide by the Cineplex Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and facilitate organizational relationships internally and externally.
About Cineplex Entertainment: Cineplex Entertainment is the #1 theatre exhibition company in Canada, serving more than 77 million guests annually. Proudly Canadian and with a workforce of over 12,000 employees, we offer competitive compensation, incentive and benefits programs and an opportunity to grow your career.
To learn more please visit our website at www.cineplex.com/gameon
Duties and Responsibilities
• Oversee all aspects of the World Gaming business unit
• Create strategic and annual operating objectives with complete P&L accountability for the business
• Deliver innovative concepts and exciting initiatives for gamers
• Develop and maintain key relationships with external partners and suppliers; create win-win partnerships across the global gaming industry
• Partner to enhance and extend third party brands, and establish strong proprietary brands that drive participation
• Cultivate sponsorships and media sales opportunities
• Ensure seamless, intuitive experiences (UI/UX) online and in person
• Oversee the marketing plan
• Lead a fun and energetic work environment that provides exciting career opportunities and builds business success
• Manage business unit risk to protect our brands and our reputation, oversee contract negotiations with partners and suppliers
• Leverage corporate support functions to focus on key strategies; work effectively across business units and functions to identify opportunities and maximize synergies
• Meaningfully contribute as a member of the Cineplex wider senior team
• Leverage Cineplex assets including the SCENE loyalty program, social media, The Rec Room and Cineplex’s relationship with moviegoers
• Strong relationships within the gaming industry
• Extensive experience as a senior leader with an emphasis on business development in online gaming or related industries such as new media, digital platforms, agency, sports
• Experience in building gaming events as a publisher, sponsor, distributor, promoter or marketer
• Experience in various gaming concepts such as e-sports, fantasy, cash, will be an asset
• Experienced in “trend spotting” – has their finger on the pulse of the marketplace with sufficient depth to identify relevant new emerging trends
• Appropriate understanding of gaming technology to enable overall architecture and oversight of a technical team
• New business start-up experience is an asset
• Demonstrated passion for an amazing gamer experience
• Demonstrated senior level interactive ability, including at the Board level
• Ability to set strategic objectives and execute on time and on budget
• A proven track record of leading by example and developing others to achieve their full potential.
• Highly organized; an effective manager of time and resources
• Strong team building skills – can operate effectively with their direct team as well as others across the organization
• Strong problem solving, decision making, negotiation and communication skills
• Highly motivated, dynamic and creative with a hands on management style and ability to work independently
• Desire to learn, think “outside the box” and to develop professionally
• French/English bilingualism is an asset
• Legally able to work in Canada is an asset
Salary to be commensurate with experience, between $150,000 - $250,000 annually, with applicable benefits.
Term: Full Time/Permanent – 35 hours/week
Work Location: 208 Adelaide Street West, Toronto, Ontario
Interested applicants please apply today.
While we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. As part of Cineplex Entertainment’s standard recruitment process, suitable candidate(s) will be required to undergo pre-employment screening as a condition of employment or promotion.
No Agency Calls Please
About Cineplex Entertainment: Cineplex Entertainment has grown tremendously over the past few years to become the #1 theatre exhibition company in Canada, serving more than 77 million guests annually. Proudly Canadian and with a workforce of approximately 11,000 employees, the Cineplex family of theatres includes the following: Cineplex Odeon, SilverCity, Galaxy Cinemas, Scotiabank Theatres, Cineplex Cinemas and Cineplex VIP Cinemas. Our company offers competitive compensation and incentive programs coupled with comprehensive benefit programs, which includes health, dental and retirement savings plans. To learn more about Cineplex Entertainment please visit our website at www.cineplex.com.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.