- (Reference :13753)
Senior Consultant, Internal Communications
The Senior Consultant, Internal Communications, helps achieve Standard Life's objectives in Canada by sharing his or her expertise in communications with managers and employees. Among other duties, the chosen candidate will develop strategies as well as build and implement plans and communication tools for many company-wide projects.
In cooperation with members of the Internal Communication team, the Senior Consultant will have the following key responsibilities:
* Build and implement communication plans and advise managers and senior leaders on two-way communications.
* Manage, maintain, evaluate and optimize internal communication channels, including the intranet, staff magazine, e-newsletters, PowerPoint presentations and information sessions for senior executives, including the President and Chief Executive Officer.
* Plan, promote and lead the organization of activities for employees (such as fundraising campaigns, Healthy Workplace Week and senior management meetings).
* Oversee the management and production of internal communication tools, while liaising with external suppliers (writers, photographers, video producers) and working closely with other internal partners.
* Conceive, write and communicate key messages for different internal audiences and develop relevant communication tools in accordance with business needs.
* Develop upward communications (pull), such as employee surveys and focus groups, and analyze and communicate results.
* Contribute to the strategic direction of internal communications to ensure alignment with business needs while helping increase employee engagement.
* University degree in public relations or communications.
* Minimum of 8 years' experience as an internal communications consultant, preferably with a large company.
* Autonomy: proven ability to manage mandates and develop and implement strategic communications plans effectively.
* Experience in a changing environment.
* Experience in implementing innovations and revitalizing communication channels.
* Strong skills in writing and editing (in English and French) for publication.
* Excellent organizational, planning and multi-tasking skills.
* Fluent in both official languages (oral and written).
Standard Life is a leading provider of long-term savings and investment solutions to over 6 million customers worldwide. Headquartered in Scotland, it has offices in the UK, Canada, Ireland, Germany, Austria, India, USA, Hong Kong and mainland China. In Canada, Standard Life has been doing business for over 175 years. With over 2,000 employees based in Montréal and in offices across Canada, it provides long-term savings, investment and insurance solutions to more than 1.3 million Canadians, including group insurance and retirement plan members.