- (Reference :13841)
Senior Consultant, External Communications
We are looking for an experienced corporate communications professional who would like to join a major company in the financial sector. Under the direction of the Vice-President, External Communications and Public Affairs, the Senior Consultant will help raise awareness of the Company and protect its reputation.
Contact us if you want to:
* Develop and implement PR and media relations plans.
* Work closely with our Marketing and Strategy teams to promote the Company's expertise and range of services.
* Support upper management in their strategic communication and public speaking engagements.
* Create and update communication tools.
* You have at least 8 years of relevant experience, preferably in the financial services industry, with a university degree in communications or public relations.
* You are known for your pertinent and effective media relations strategies and can identify opportunities for promoting the Company.
* You are familiar with social media.
* You are fully fluent in French and English.
* You write exceptionally well, using a clear, concise style and relevant content.
* Your thoroughness and ability to take control are what set you apart.
* You understand the issues at play and demonstrate excellent judgment.
* You are comfortable in an environment with changing priorities and tight deadlines.
* You thrive on crisis management.
* You can advise, cooperate, consult and influence people at all levels of a hierarchy.
In return, you will have a well regarded, influential position in a Company that has strong roots in downtown Montréal, operates across Canada and has its global headquarter in Scotland. We offer a competitive total compensation package and services that contribute to the well-being of our employees.
Standard Life is a leading provider of long-term savings and investment solutions to over 6 million customers worldwide. Headquartered in Scotland, it has offices in the UK, Canada, Ireland, Germany, Austria, India, USA, Hong Kong and mainland China. In Canada, Standard Life has been doing business for over 175 years. With over 2,000 employees based in Montréal and in offices across Canada, it provides long-term savings, investment and insurance solutions to more than 1.3 million Canadians, including group insurance and retirement plan members.