Section Manager - Investment Advice Service, Remote Sales and Services
This position reports to the Manager – Investment Solutions and Loan Origination
Management scope: 15 to 18 Investment Solutions Advisors
Your main challenges:
• Help the Manager, when requested, draw up the business plan by providing information on potential opportunities for the sector and competitive constraints, as well as operational issues.
• Explain what is expected of team members based on the sector's business plan and identify the behaviours and activities required in order to achieve objectives.
• Oversee the hiring, development and performance management of all members of your team.
• Explain to your team all the rules regarding client segmentation, client referrals, transaction execution, risk management, regulatory compliance and operating procedures, and make sure they are followed.
• Establish and maintain effective communication with clients and various other parties involved in the centre's activities.
• Ensure that employees in your department work together in order to foster knowledge sharing and meet objectives.
• Take charge of developing your management skills, including in sales and service activities, quality of customer service and coaching.
• Carry out various mandates, analyses and special projects that have a major impact on the quality of customer service and profitability.
• A completed bachelor's degree in a related field and 5 years' relevant experience, or a completed master's degree in a related field and 3 years' relevant experience;
• Mutual Fund Representative (MFR) licence;
• Completed course for compliance officers, an asset or to be completed within 6 months of being hired;
• Experience in personnel management and coaching;
• Experience in sales and business development;
• Experience selling financial products and investment solutions;
• Excellent leadership and change management skills;
• Experience in call centres, an asset;
• Bilingualism, both spoken and written (English and French);
Particular condition (external):
You must also be available to work until 8 p.m. one evening a week Monday to Thursday, until 8 p.m. on 1 out of 4 Fridays, and 9 a.m.–5 p.m. on 1 out of 10 Saturdays
Making a difference through your career! Together, it's possible!
Whatever your expertise or degree of knowledge, with us, you can contribute to helping thousands of clients achieve their financial objectives and turn their dreams into reality!
Working together, succeeding together means joining a company that believes in the future and continuously adds value for its clients and community.
Interested in pursuing a career with the National Bank?
National Bank at a glance (as at October 31, 2013)
-Number of employees 19,691
-Number of branches 453
-Number of banking machines 937
-Number of individual clients 2.4 million
-Assets $188 billion
-Assets under management and administration $258 billion
-Common share price at closing (TSX: NA) $90.48
-Stock market capitalization $14.7 billion
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.