Rothsay provides essential services for the efficient and environmentally responsible management of collecting, processing and recycling edible and inedible animal by-products. Additionally Rothsay provides used cooking oil and grease trap services to restaurants and food processors. Rothsay is committed to environmental sustainability, superior quality and excellent customer service. Rothsay has a team of over 500 employees and is a member of Darling Ingredients.
As leader of the Quebec sales teams, you will be managing procurement by exceeding sales and financial objectives, participating in long term strategic and annual business planning and to ensure that the quality standards and related metrics, such as productivity and efficiency, customer for life, developing our people and cost management are achieved.
You’ll need to be a motivator and mentor, someone who can guide the team and develop their talent. You’ll also be responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction and measuring the financial performance of the services we offer.
• Manages with honesty, integrity and knowledge that promote the company’s culture and values
• Responsible for managing the day to day operations of the grease and grease trap business.
• Responsible for developing and implementing strategic procurement/sales plans to achieve business goals, follows up consistently to ensure accountability to plans
• Lead, motivate, coach, recruit and retain a team of sales representatives to achieve customer retention and procurement targets
• Develop and monitor KPIs to evaluate the health of the business.
• Conduct industry and competitive analysis to identify new business and growth opportunities
• Business development including networking, trade shows and identifying opportunities within the Canadian market
• Build and manage key customer relationships while delivering to the customers’ expectations
• Negotiate all regional contracts and business terms, and prepare detailed RFP responses and proposals to attract new business
• Work with internal business partners for best in class performance including Logistics, Customer Service, Manufacturing and Raw Materials to define and build best business processes to drive overall performance of the company
• Travel is required based on business needs
• Reports to the Director, Raw Material Procurement & Logistics
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
• University or College Degree/Diploma
• 7 years progressively responsible procurement/sales experience in business to business environment
• 3 years sales management in restaurant or food related industry
• Skilled at analyzing financial reports
• Familiarity with complex, fast-paced environments
• Experience in rendering and/or related industry in a sales/procurement role an asset
• Route based distribution experience an asset
• Experience with oracle and CRM based software (salesforce)
• Must be Bilingual in French and English
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
• Innovative, aggressive, results oriented individual tempered by professionalism and self-awareness with a strong bias for action
• Knowledge of retail or restaurant industry operations
• Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written; actively listens to customer’s needs
• Problem solving, proactive use of information and resources, demonstrates a sense of urgency
• Strong interpersonal skills, works well in a team environment, can lead without formal reporting structure
• Ability to work in a fast paced, changing environment with minimal supervision
• Very strong supplier relationship building skills with the highest integrity
• Strong computer and analytical skills (Microsoft Excel)
• Organization and planning skills
• Adept operational skills in a customer-service environment
• Supervisory and Team-building skills
• Ability to build relationships
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
• Working knowledge of business processes and system development
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.