A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
EMPOWERED PEOPLE POWERING INDUSTRY
Wajax is a leading Canadian industrial products and services provider engaged in the sale and service support of mobile equipment, power systems, and industrial components. Reflecting a diversified exposure to the Canadian economy, Wajax operates through a network of over 100 branches across Canada, with over 2,500 Wajax team members.
The Purchasing Manager is responsible for the development, implementation, and management of effective purchasing procedures, policies, and long-term strategies for product inventory at a national level. He or she is also responsible for evaluating all supply chain opportunities with the goal of leveraging purchasing volume across the country to gain the best national/regional programs possible.
● Creates standard purchasing policies and procedures at a national level and ensures all regions are following one process.
● Ensures that the procurement plan and activities are aligned with inventory and sales plan.
● Researches and analyzes current processes to determine bottlenecks and formulates plans for ongoing process improvement; implements or facilitates implementation of training associated with process improvements.
● Identify and lead initiatives internally and externally to create new strategic Supply Chain advantages that minimizing inventory costs, improve cycle times, and control inventory.
● Prepares cost/benefits analysis and implementation strategy, including monitoring and measurement guidelines, contingency plans. Makes recommendations to SC leadership.
● Create, improve, and track key purchasing metrics to drive cost efficiencies, reduce inventory on hand, improve days on hand, improve productivity, reduce excess inventory and reduce obsolete inventory.
● Drive process excellence in the areas of inventory turns, costs controls, and inventory shrinkage to ensure a consistent approach across the division that delivers best in class inventory.
● Measure performance with tailored metrics and KPI’s.
Your Skills and Qualifications
● 7-10 years of experience in Supply Chain, Ops Management environments required.
● 5 years in progressive managerial roles.
● University degree in Business, Engineering or Operations Management/Logistics
● Strong working knowledge of procurement practices & processes and Integrated Supply Chain concepts. .
● Lean and Continuous improvement experience is an asset. General knowledge of industrial goods and equipment an asset.
● Well-developed process analysis skills required.
● Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
● Microsoft Access an asset.
● Bilingual (English and French) would be considered a very strong asset
More than just a Competitive Salary
Going to work should be engaging, stimulating and rewarding, but it should also help you fulfill your needs, and propel your future! This is why Wajax offers a total compensation package that includes competitive pay, comprehensive benefits, learning and development, and some unique additional “perks.” Highlights of our programs include:
• 100% employer paid medical and dental benefits with no waiting period for eligibility
• Wajax led e-learning, and product training through industry leading manufacturers.
• Discounts with the “Big 3” auto manufacturers equivalent to their internal employee pricing
• As a national company, you have the opportunity to work where you live, or where you want to live!
Wajax is committed to employing a workforce that is representative of the diverse communities across Canada in which we do business. As an equal opportunity employer, please inform us if any accommodation is required if contacted for an interview.
As a condition of employment, final candidates will be subject to pre-screening.
volume across the country to gain the best national/regional programs possible.Manages return activities through the buyer team.
Procures product and ensures availability to meet projected demand and new opportunities.
Works closely with vendors to ensure on-time delivery.
Responsible for replenishment activities and the procedures to support.
Ensures that the procurement plan and activities are aligned with inventory and sales plan.
Researches and analyzes current processes to determine bottlenecks and formulates plans for ongoing process improvement; utilizes internal and/or external best practices.
Create, improve, and track key purchasing metrics to drive cost efficiencies, reduce inventory on hand, improve days on hand, improve productivity, reduce excess inventory and reduce obsolete inventory.
Back to top
Rewarding Careers Begin at Wajax
Wajax Corporation is a leading Canadian distributor engaged in the sale and service support of mobile equipment, power systems and industrial components. Reflecting a diversified exposure to the Canadian economy, Wajax has three distinct business divisions, which operate through a network of over 100 branches across Canada, with almost 2,800 Wajax team members.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.