A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible for prospecting and closing new business. The BDM serves as the primary contact for the decision-makers and leads the sales process. The BDM works closely with the Account Manager and Sales Management and other company resources to successfully transition account implementation and management responsibility to them.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Researches, contacts, qualifies, prepares and presents packaged solutions to acquire new business
• Works with the Sales Manager & Regional Director of Sales to develop target account lists
• Coordinates and leads sales efforts with other sales resources (e.g., Account Manager, Product Specialist, and Sales Manager)
• Ensures smooth transition of on-going account management to Account Manager
• Achieve revenue, gross margin and account targets through sales to new accounts
• Achieve L.O.B. targets based on potential
• Establish, maintain and develop relationships with potential customers who have been identified as target clients in order to meet corporate objectives of maximum profitability and sales growth.
• Analyze customer needs and interests in order to maximize sales volume and identify service requirements.
• Identify, develop, prepare and present high impact sales presentations to current and/or potential corporate clients.
• Keep abreast of the products, applications, technical service, market conditions, competitive activities and industry trends through reading pertinent literature, training and consulting with manufacturers and their marketing representatives.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• Able to interface internally to the company with tact and diplomacy
• Ability to set targets and design growth plans
• Ability to coach, performance manage, lead, motivate, and manage for results
• Ability to interface at the most senior levels at a customer
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to multi-task
• Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
• Strong interpersonal and customer relation skills
• Strong business, financial, operations, and technical acumen
• Demonstrates consultative selling skills
• Demonstrates strong teambuilding attributes
• Computer literacy, including above average competency in Excel, Word, Outlook & PowerPoint
• Trained as a facilitator in sales training programs
• Strong negotiation skills with proven closing ability.
• Demonstrated ability to balance multiple projects involving large revenues and a high degree of complexity
• Experience coaching for results, good organizational skills and demonstrated positive leadership style
• Creative selling, project management skills and strategic planning ability required.
• Superior time management and organizational skills
• Ability to function independently with little or no supervision as well as working effectively in a team environment
• Supervisory skills an asset
• Strong knowledge and understanding of telesales and the sales planning process.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.