A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
Job Description - Outside Sales Account Manager – Print and Marketing Services (995849)
Outside Sales Account Manager – Print and Marketing Services: 995849
The Copy and Print Business Development Manager is accountable to develop a portfolio of high potential and high value business customers in addition to providing relationship management and holistic copy and print solutions to a portfolio of Commercial businesses. The role has accountability to prospect for new clients and proactively manage the business printing needs of these clients within an assigned region. He or She will be seen as the “go-to” person for his/her assigned clients. This role will also be accountable to respond to call-in and referred customers on a regular basis throughout the week.
1. Proactive Sales and Service (65% of time spent)
· Prospect for and develop a portfolio of high potential and high value business customers.
· Seek out regional and national sales opportunities by engaging mid size businesses, professional organizations and associations.
· Retain and expand relationships to achieve portfolio retention, sales, service, and profitability objectives, and proactively develop relationships with new small business clients.
· Determine needs, identify opportunities, develop potential solutions and offer options to clients.
· Apply business development and relationship management sales and service principles, practices and techniques (incl. pre-call planning)to supportthe achievement of target level sales of all products and services.
2. Responsive Sales and Service (20% of time spent)
· Engage customers in a timely and effective manner to resolve all business continuity issues. Understand the problem, coordinate with Production Hub to get the job done.
· Adhere to all standards of care (SOC).
· Provide efficient and effective response to call-in or customer referrals if/as/when required.
3. Planning (10% of time spent)
· Develop, implement, review and revise a 3-12 month rolling plan focusing on identifying client needs and opportunities that will result in meeting or exceeding sales and service targets.
· Review and monitor sales, revenue and service performance against plan, identify gaps and share best practices.
· Contribute to business plans regarding new business opportunities, increased profitability, and portfolio growth potential based on knowledge of local marketplace.
4. Admin (5% of time)
· Tracking and reporting on sales and service activities and outcomes.
· Preparing and submitting expense claims if/as/when necessary.
· Participate in department meetings as required.
· Accountable to understand general company policies
· Checks and understand all sources of communication for information (white boards, bulletin boards, portal, etc).
· Identifies and communicates suggestions for improvements in all areas of business.
· Follows all company protocols for safety and is required to report any unsafe working conditions to a manager.
· Understanding of and adherence to all privacy policies.
· As per policy, required to have personal parcels (bags, totes, backpacks, purses, etc.) checked by a manager prior to leaving the store premises.
· Comprehensive knowledge of all products and services offered in the industry.
· Solutions selling and service skills.
· Well developed negotiation skills.
· Relationship Management skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, along with good presentation skills.
· Intermediate or better Math skills (multiplication, division, and percentages).
· Adept at sourcing relevant data and building business case models to advance ideas.
· Concrete selling experience in local market; understands pricing strategies, competition, and key suppliers.
· Deep prior experience in a print sales/account management role (5 years +).
· Business acumen: Must be able to “talk shop” with small and medium sized business people.
· Multi-year experience selling to small and medium sized business customers .
· Strong business acumen by virtue of prior experiences.
· High School diploma or equivalent.
• This is a mobile position that includes calling and client meeting activities.
• Laptop and Blackberry (phone, email and text) access 24/7 to all assigned clients.
• Will be required to work a varying work schedule in order to meet the needs of the business. This would include working evenings and weekends as scheduled by immediate manager.
• Travel (80% of time spent) - travel on-site to client locations.
* Please note that candidates who wish to apply for the position will be requested to consent to having a criminal background check conducted on them.
Staples is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact a Customer Care Representative at 1-866-782-7537.
Location(s): CA-QC-Quebec City
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values the diversity of our people, products, and services.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.