A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
The Furniture Account Representative (FAR) is responsible for developing furniture sales in new and existing Strategic, Large and Mid-Market Accounts within a geographic territory. The FAR serves as the contract furniture subject matter expert for his/her assigned sales representatives or owned accounts and works with them to access and persuade the customer’s furniture buyers. The FAR leverages Office Products team members to generate leads and opportunities to achieve independent quotas. The FAR also manages the day-to-day needs in existing furniture accounts and is expected to carry his/her own book of business.
• Drive Sales
• Leverage the OP organization to increase furniture penetration within existing accounts and does independent prospecting work to seek new business opportunities
• Manage day-to-day relationship with existing customers by developing a high value-add relationship with decision makers
• Achieve contract and commodity Furniture revenue and gross margin targets in defined territory (team goal and own book of business)
• Achieve retention and penetration furniture targets in existing furniture accounts (team goal and own book of business)
• Target Segment – $1.3M to $1.4M per year in total sales focusing on Strategic, Large and Mid-Market Accounts within a specified geographic territory
• Work with their Furniture Sales Manager to develop and review contract target account opportunities for their territory assignment
• Research, contact, qualify, prepare and present solution to acquire new furniture accounts
• Coordinate sales and account maintenance efforts with other sales resources (Furniture Sales Support, Interior Design, Project Manager, WDI staff)
• Develop and regularly maintain an ongoing 180 day funnel within SFDC
• Develops annual business plan for territory; targeting verticals, markets or specific customers
• Provides weekly and monthly updates on account development progress to management
• Required to travel to customer by car
• Manufacturer show room visits maybe a required
Knowledge / Skill Requirements
• Experience managing large project and installations
• Strong networking skills and the ability to network at all levels in an organization
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Proven experience in developing and delivering professional sales presentations
• Demonstrates ability to focus on new business development initiatives where sales focus within existing customers will not be assigned
• Technically proficient with Microsoft office and Internet with ability to learn required vendor furniture systems and case goods
• Ability to take measurements of customers space and provide solutions
• Strong understanding of manufacturers products and their application
• A proven self-starter
• Minimum of five (5) years of experience in outside sales prospecting new business
• Minimum of two (2) years of experience in facilitating collaborative meetings to develop strategic working relationships with one or more of the following audiences: CEO, CFO, Board of Directors, Facility Managers, Building Officials, Procurement Managers, Architects, Designers and Building Contractors
• Post-secondary Education in Sales, Marketing or Business or equivalent level of experience
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.