A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
Under the supervision of the Merchandising Director – Home Decor, the buyer develops and execute purchasing, price, assortment and merchandising strategies according to the financial and material resources at his disposal. Through his leadership, his sense of innovation and organization, he maximizes sales, gross margin and inventory turnover of the product categories for which he is responsible.
• Plan supply, replenishment and participate in product distribution based on target inventory levels and seasonality;
• Analyze product categories and develop appropriate action plans;
• Negotiate with suppliers to enter into agreements for the purchase of products including development, manufacturing, price, discounts, credit terms and transportation;
• Ensure that the company's policies and conditions are respected by suppliers and that they are always on the lookout for reliable new sources of supply;
• Carry out, in collaboration with designers, the development of products and participate in the development of packaging;
• Participate in the development of advertising and promotional programs and ensure that inventory levels of advertised products are sufficient for the advertised period;
• Participate in the development of planograms that take into account existing selection and new collections in order to optimize store space;
• Participate in the annual budget process (sales, margins, turnover) and regular exercises in the procurement control register;
• Approve purchase orders, authorize transfers of goods between stores, returns to suppliers and price reductions;
• Visit stores, local competitors regularly and conduct prospecting trips to US and European markets to identify business trends and opportunities;
• Conduct regular shopping trips in Asia and elsewhere in the world;
• Mobilize, supervise and evaluate team members;
• Perform other related duties.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
• University or College Diploma in Fashion Marketing or Administration;
• 10 to 12 years’ experience purchasing in the retail industry and more specifically in the field of fashion or decorative products including at least 6 years as a buyer;
• Bilingual French and English, oral and written;
• Excellent mathematical skills;
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office suite including Microsoft Excel, Access and Word;
• Knowledge of MMS software by JDA is an asset;
• Business acumen, focus on results and analytical skills;
• Demonstrates thoroughness and rigor;
• Excellent management of priorities in the context of tight deadlines;
• Flair for fashion and trends in the field of decoration.
DISCOVER OUR VIBE
We are creators of an innovative lifestyle brand offering home fashion décor and furniture. We offer our customers a complete Omni-channel shopping experience, online and in our 100+ stores across Canada, designed to inspire customers with complete designed rooms.
Our newest addition, Bouclair X Studio, will revolutionize the way people shop for home décor. This new concept store is built on the idea that home starts with a feeling, not a look. By offering a total retail experience, we will inspire and enable our customers to discover their own vibe.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.