- (Reference :13697)
Retirement Consultant (External)
The Consultant is responsible for the promotion and distribution of Standard Life Advantage Program retirement products and services to Plan Members. In addition to the planning, organizing and delivery of pre-retirement and retirement seminars to the Standard Life Group Pension Plan Members across Canada. He or she must provide expertise, information and education to Plan Members with respect to retirement products including the consolidation of their overall accumulation and payout assets to Standard Life.
* Promote payout products to retiring members and achieve targets (number of meeting and asset retention/consolidation) related to the Standard Life Advantage Program.
* Conduct Pre-Retirement and Retirement Seminars to selected Pension Clients.
* Design customized retirement seminars for certain Pension Clients.
* Conduct one-on-one sessions for pre-retirement members.
* Help group members in properly adjusting their portfolio before retirement and build/update a retirement plan.
* Help retired group members in choosing appropriate options at retirement.
* Actively identify leads (for savings and payout products) with the collaboration of plan sponsors, Client Relationship Managers and Member Education Representatives.
* Maintain relationship with Pension Clients at all levels to ensure highest service standards.
* Service specific Plan members at pre and post retirement stage.
* Provide annuity illustrations and quotes to members and/or their intermediaries.
* Maintain a high level of expertise on pension legislation, financial products and information pertaining to legal, fiscal, taxation and corporate issues in order to support the line of business's pay-out strategy for members.
* Work with Retirement Services Team members with respect to training, transfer of expertise, changes in legislations, retirement procedures and processes, new products, etc.
* Work with Retirement Services Team members and other Standard Life employees to improve the visibility and success of the Standard Life Advantage Program (retirement products and services).
* Participate in finalist presentations as required by Managers of Business Development.
* University degree in Finance.
* 5 years experience in individual sales of financial products.
* Certified Financial Planner (CFP) title is required.
* Life License in one or more provinces is required.
* Must be comfortable with a flexible week day work schedule due to on the road travelling.
* Bilingual - French and English (written and spoken).
Standard Life is a leading provider of long-term savings and investment solutions to over 6 million customers worldwide. Headquartered in Scotland, it has offices in the UK, Canada, Ireland, Germany, Austria, India, USA, Hong Kong and mainland China. In Canada, Standard Life has been doing business for over 175 years. With over 2,000 employees based in Montréal and in offices across Canada, it provides long-term savings, investment and insurance solutions to more than 1.3 million Canadians, including group insurance and retirement plan members.