A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
Export, Control Specialist
General Job description
Working closely with the HR Associate Divisional Security Officer (ACSO), the Export Control Specialist is responsible for establishing, maintaining and communicating policies and procedures which ensure that security of personnel, Company sensitive and classified information, equipment and facilities (including the visitor clearances), comply with all regulations set forth by the Canadian and United States Governments, the customer, and the Company. Responsibilities also include advising employees and divisional management on issues and problems pertaining to industrial security matters.
• Completes and reviews End-User statements, permits and licenses, both Canadian and foreign, in order to ensure compliance as well as accuracy of applications;
• Applies for retransfer authorisations for US-origin products with the Department of States;
• Audits programs prior to shipment to ensure all required permits and licenses are in place;
• Acts as a team lead for an ITAR and CGP task force and ensures compliance to US ITAR/EAR regulations, Canadian Controlled Goods Program and security requirements per the Canadian and International Industrial Security Division (CIISD) of PWGSC.
• Liaises with the Controlled Goods Directorate, Department of Foreign Affairs (DFAIT), Industrial Security Sector and the Department of State, as required. This may involve high level meetings with DFAIT in order to determine the potential for export of certain technologies to other countries.
• Supports Programs and Engineering in ensuring export compliance and the smooth realisation of the projects ;
• Liaises with and support the other divisions on various export issues;
• Reviews & keeps track of Technical Assistance Agreements and liaise with PMO to ensure compliance and suitability;
• Reviews and assists in developing processes associated with export controls and security;
• Designated Official under the Controlled Goods program, supports company in ensuring compliance with the Controlled Goods Program (CGP);
• Supports suppliers/consultants and customers in application to register with the CGP and answer questions regarding compliance;
• Ensures there is no unauthorized access to CGP or US controlled materials which includes managing access to segregated computer directories;
• Performs training on Controlled Goods and US Export Controls for employees.
• Reports risks to senior management on a periodic basis highlighting any issues along with strategies for risk mitigation.
• Devises creative ways to solve export issues keeping in mind the business reality of continuing work.
• Balances the legal implications of current export legislation with the requirements to ensure that business continues at all times in conformance with law.
• Advises employees and divisional management on issues pertaining to industrial security matters.
• Responsible for continuous improvement; anticipates changing customer needs and industry advancements; demonstrates vision in advancing tools, technology, processes; well integrated in the community to stay abreast of best practices.
• Minimum 5 years Contracts or Export Control Experience
• Understanding of US ITAR, EAR requirements and the Canadian Controlled Goods Program
• Ability to work in a team oriented environment and with minimum supervision
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to deal with all levels of the organization and with external customers.
• Excellent negotiation skills and ability to find creative solutions to problems
• Possess good judgement and the ability to resolve complex export related issues
• Dead-line oriented and flexible with ability to work under pressure.
• Good understanding of satellite technology would be an asset.
• Bilingual French/English
• University degree in Administration, Commerce or Law from a recognized institution.
MDA is a world leader in the design of advanced Space systems and supplier of innovative Space hardware products serving commercial, scientific and government needs. As the prime contractor for the Canadian Space Programme, MDA Space Missions is Canada’s foremost high-tech engineering company. With technical excellence as our core competence, MDA is also recognised in the international Space community for delivering state-of-the-art communications payloads and remote sensing satellites, and has an unrivalled record in the area of Space robotics and manned Space applications. Our multidisciplinary staff implement some of the world’s most complex and challenging Space projects. In today’s competitive market MDA continues to lead the Space industry in key critical technologies such as antenna design, digital electronics and mobile communications.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.