A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
The Contracts Specialist position involves contract administration and commercial expertise in order to maximize revenue and profits while minimizing risk to the company.
• Ensure that the Company is aware of its obligations in order to comply with contractual requirements, is either properly paid or honours its financial commitments, and that customers and subcontractors discharge their obligations to the Company.
• Support the Company's efforts in managing International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Export control Compliance.
• Provides thorough and timely review of documents drafted by other parties identifying, evaluating and mitigating commercial risk to the company.
• Negotiates contracts, subcontracts and amendments with the customer and subcontractors.
• Assists business area management with project execution plans and provides inputs for risk mitigation plan and project processes
• Reviews and advises on contractual requirements expressed in Request for Proposals/Quotations, prepares checklists and draft a compliance matrix and exception statements, or contracts, for incorporation into the Company’s proposal to a potential customer
• Maintains accurate, accessible and complete records of the Company’s contractual and business matters assigned to the relevant scope of work activities.
• Keeps documented records of commitments made and understanding between the Company and its customers, subcontractors or suppliers.
• Maintains a good understanding of the processes used by the Company to monitor its day to day affairs and follows those processes (e.g. contract approval, timesheet recording, performance reporting)
• Stays informed and makes others aware of the business area’s procurement activities, procedures and policies at all times
• Ensures that the Business Area is cognizant of the requirement to have these agreements properly expressed and executed in a timely manner to protect the interests of the Business Area as well as the Company.
• Reports changes and risks to manager and business area management.
• Travel as required.
• Minimum 5 to 7 years related experience in a high-tech, aerospace or government procurement/contract environment is required.
• Pertinent experience in contractual law.
• Possess effective negotiating, analytical and interpersonal skills.
• Flexible and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Strong presentation skills are an asset.
• Must be prepared to travel as required to support Company business activities and participate in or lead agreement negotiations
• Degree in law or business administration
MDA is a world leader in the design of advanced Space systems and supplier of innovative Space hardware products serving commercial, scientific and government needs. As the prime contractor for the Canadian Space Programme, MDA Space Missions is Canada’s foremost high-tech engineering company. With technical excellence as our core competence, MDA is also recognised in the international Space community for delivering state-of-the-art communications payloads and remote sensing satellites, and has an unrivalled record in the area of Space robotics and manned Space applications. Our multidisciplinary staff implement some of the world’s most complex and challenging Space projects. In today’s competitive market MDA continues to lead the Space industry in key critical technologies such as antenna design, digital electronics and mobile communications.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.