Production Supervisor – West Island
- As soon as possible
- To be discussed
- formation/training 3-4 weeks in Toronto (all paid)
Our client is an international company specialized in the printing of highly secure financial materials with over 10,000 employees worldwide. After opening a new production facility which will be expanding quickly over the next couple of years, we are recruiting a Production Supervisor to oversee all production and warehouse activities and to be a key contributor to the building of the operation.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, this is a highly secure working environment with established processes in place. You will be responsible for maintaining work plans & schedules, standards and procedures and controlling workflow throughout production and warehouse operations. You will:
• Manage the day-to-day work –in-progress, providing feedback and action plans to avoid potential problems.
• Liaison between Sales, Operations Management and Production to ensure production requirements are met and any issues are identified and dealt with at the appropriate levels.
• Identifies and implements cost containment measures and reports on significant budget variances.
• Provide staff training/development and monitor staff performance and attendance as you develop a team of productive, energized and satisfied employees.
• Ensure high standards are maintained for safety and workplace cleanliness.
Qualifications and Profile Needed:
• Minimum of 5 years of results focused supervision/management experience within industries such as packaging, printing, assembly or manufacturing.
• Solid experience in work and employee resource planning and scheduling within a manufacturing/production environment.
• Highly committed to service excellence and quality with the ability to create a working environment to ensure all employees contribute to these high standards.
• Ability to effectively manage and develop a diverse and bilingual workforce of men and women within a fast paced and highly regulated and customer focused working environment.
• Bilingual, adaptable and collaborative leader able to build a strong and cohesive team.
• Comfortable working with computers systems as well as MS Office and Excel.
• Analytical and solution focused, highly organized and able to set and re-set priorities.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a quality company that places high value in their employees and their retention. Strong company benefits, an exceptionally clean working environment and the opportunity to contribute to the building of an expanding operation make this a particularly interesting opportunity.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted directly.
Consolante Recruitment Inc. is a recruitment firm committed to service excellence, professional ethics, value and results.