Product Manager, Workflow & Playout
- As soon as possible
- To be discussed
The Product Manager will ensure the successful planning, definition, introduction, on-going support and sales of multiple W&P products on a worldwide basis.
Tasks and Responsibilities
The role of the product manager is to champion and carry a product from its original idea, through its development, introduction and active life cycle. Tasks include:
- Participation to the strategic planning process
- On-going maintenance of competitive information
- Weekly review of enhancement requests and defects with engineering teams
- Managing of roadmap and release timeline
- Writing of new product introduction or release definitions and Go-to-Market strategy
- Weekly review of sales opportunities calls
- Production of monthly newsletter
- Regular meetings with current or potential customers
- Support of marketing effort and trade shows
Professional and Personal Qualifications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to manage a constant load of information and organize it
- Team building skills to rally the focus and get products developed
- Can work under pressure by managing many concurrent tasks at the same time
- Innovative and creative
- Entrepreneurial and accountable
- Good understanding of the sales process and customer-oriented
- Ability to travel 25% of time
- Passionate about the Broadcast market
Academic Requirements and Technical Knowledge
- Technical DEC or Bachelors degree in electrical engineering or computer science or equivalent in practical Broadcast or Multimedia experience
- Good understanding of both technologies/markets within the video and broadcast industry
- 5+ years of experience within the Video/Broadcast industry is an important asset
- Writing of product requirement documents
- Presenting products and strategy to sales and customers
- Working with development teams in different geographical locations
- Experience in software development process
Miranda develops and markets high-performance hardware and software products that help television broadcasters, cable, satellite and IPTV operators to competitively deliver more content with greater quality.
Established in 1990, Miranda employs approximately 700 people at its Montreal headquarters and in its US, Europe, Asia and Middle-East Asia divisions. In constant growth since its foundation, Miranda has the creativity, expertise and reputation to deliver the technology, products and services for the changing world of television, now and in the future, worldwide.
With over 400 products catering to both ends of the spectrum, Miranda is one of the most valued employers in the television equipment industry.
In the past several years, Miranda has won industry innovation awards, two « Emmy Awards » in 2010 and 2011 and also the business achievement awards such as Canada’s 50 Fastest Growing Technology Companies and one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Private Companies. In 2005, Miranda was named Québec’s Best High Tech Company, as published by “Les Affaires".
We are currently looking for enthusiast and autonomous individuals who are ready for actively participating in dynamic and innovative teams.