- (Reference :13860)
Portfolio Delivery Manager
Standard Life is building their new Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO). The EPMO's mission is to work with our partners in business and portfolio management and development teams, and provide trained and skilled program and project managers for every step of the project lifecycle with a single lead point of contact.
Reporting to the Associate Vice President, Enterprise Project Management Office, the Portfolio Delivery Manager must take responsibility for the successful planning, execution and delivery of an overall program composed of related projects. Success is measured by the degree to which the program satisfies the needs and provides the benefits for which it was undertaken. He manages related projects within the program in a coordinated way to obtain benefits and control not attainable when managing them individually. He typically manages large-scale programs of high to very high complexity and of uncertain technical, functional and operational risks that have definite strategic impact on the organization.
* Interact with and provide leadership and guidance to Project Managers on individual projects and convey the important relationship and interdependencies of each project with the larger program and the overall organizational performance objectives.
* Assign and leverage strategic resources among program's projects and resolve resource constraints and/or conflicts that affect multiple projects within the program.
* Align organizational or strategic direction that affects project and program goals and objectives.
* Monitor the progress of program components and use judgment and experience to assess any risks to the outcome of the components and recommend remedial actions to the Approval Body.
* Provide key stakeholders and sponsor with timely communication of program performance, progress, changes, issues and risks.
* Be responsible for the program budget and schedule and for the realization of the anticipated benefits of the program.
* Assume all aspects of business relationships with program stakeholders.
* Establish the optimal organizational structure for the program to ensure the right resources are in place to meet or exceed objectives.
* Manage stakeholder expectations, buy-in and relationships at the program level.
* Consider new or developing business requirements, assess their impact on the program and realign priorities amongst the different projects.
* University degree (postgraduate preferred) and certification in project management (PMP), with a minimum of fifteen (15) years of relevant experience in a professional field. A PMI certification in program management is an asset.
* Experience in managing large-scale programs.
* Proven ability to influence and lead various stakeholders.
* Good prioritization skills.
* Excellent organizational and planning skills.
* Good business acumen.
* Experience in the financial services sector, an asset.
* Bilingual, French & English, spoken and written.
Standard Life is a leading provider of long-term savings and investment solutions to over 6 million customers worldwide. Headquartered in Scotland, it has offices in the UK, Canada, Ireland, Germany, Austria, India, USA, Hong Kong and mainland China. In Canada, Standard Life has been doing business for over 175 years. With over 2,000 employees based in Montréal and in offices across Canada, it provides long-term savings, investment and insurance solutions to more than 1.3 million Canadians, including group insurance and retirement plan members.