- As soon as possible
- To be discussed
- Jusqu’à 80% du temps au Québec
The new created position of Merchandiser is responsible for the visual merchandising of product assortments for retailers such as lumberyards, hardware stores, home centres etc., within the assigned region. The incumbent is also responsible for the implementation of new retail programs and strategies, targeting the enhancement and the strengthening of the retailer’s business model.
Description of Responsibilities
I. In-store Service
• Merchandising, implementation and maintenance of new and existing product assortments within the retailer’s location
• To execute store product ticketing to increase dealer purchasing support through the TIM-BR MART/ Chalifour distribution centres
• To collect and report to the Regional General Manager information on the continued progress of in-store product implementation and on the other services provided by the organization
II. Training & Development
• Where applicable, to lead on the training & development of store staff on all key elements of merchandising, stores organization and store upkeep, ordering platforms and processes
• Maintain current sufficient level of a working knowledge of all TIM-BR MART/Chalifour retails programs, such as CROS, Price Alert, ECAT (Training will be provided)
• Post-Secondary Education in Marketing or Business Administration
• 1-3 years of retail experience preferable with a solid knowledge of merchandising
• Bilingual (French and English) is an important asset
• Ability to travel within Quebec up to 80% of the time is required
Chalifour Canada is an equal opportunity employer; this position is offered in accordance with this principle.
Although, the confidence demonstrated towards Chalifour Canada by all those who will decide to apply to the present posting is appreciated, please take note that only the applicants selected to be offered an interview will be contacted.
Please apply by sending your current resume and, if you desire so, your particularized motivation letter to:
C/o: Human Resources Department
Please note the job title in the subject line
This posting will close on July 13, 2012, no application received after that time will be considered
- Important - 1-3 years of retail experience
A 100% Canadian-owned hardware, lumber and building material distribution company, Chalifour Canada Ltd. serves independent home improvement entrepreneurs in every province and territory. From five warehouses and offices in Quebec, Ontario and British Columbia, Chalifour Canada offers full transportation and logistics services, cutting-edge product ordering and inventory management technologies, plus a dedicated national sales team providing in-store retail support.
Chalifour Canada's Cove Values can be summarized as below:
By asking yourself “Is there a more cost-effective way to do this?”
By going that extra mile that adds to a great experience and is a state of mind present at every level of the company
By treating others as we would like to be treated- fairly and professionally.
By being aware of the impact the organization has on the environment and where we can reduce harm through business practices.