- As soon as possible
- To be discussed
Gameloft is currently looking for a Marketing Artist to join the Marketing team at our Montreal studio to create attractive, quality pack illustrations and icons.
Gameloft is an international publisher and developer of video games for mobile phones and consoles. Founded in 1999 and currently a leader in its sector, Gameloft distributes its games in over 75 countries. www.gameloft.com
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
Working under the Packaging/Logo Art Director, the successful candidate must:
• Create packaging concepts and icons (or other marketing illustrations), including speed paining, rough mood drafts, composition, and placing characters in various environments;
• Polish these rough drafts in 2D by improving the graphical elements you created as well as those provided by the team and production (2D: matte painting, concept art, etc., and rendered in 3D);
To ensure that all of these elements are properly integrated in the pack illustrations, icons and other marketing illustrations, you must be able to perform photo montage/compositing, matte paining, and move from painting over to illustrating.
• Have solid basic knowledge in illustration and compositing, as well as the ability to use contrast to emphasize and image;
• Be able to adapt to various graphical styles;
• Have a concept artist profile, with the ability to create character concepts and use them in action (basic knowledge of anatomy required);
• Use your sense of artistry and attention to detail to make the atmosphere and visual impact of the packaging more striking;
• Be able to create quality logos (asset)
• Have knowledge of 3D techniques (3ds Max, Zbrush, etc.) (asset).
Skills and Profile
• In-depth knowledge of Photoshop
• In-depth knowledge of photo montage, image modification and 2D special effects
• Able to produce original graphical compositions (framing, photographic angles, etc.)
• Able to produce illustrations quickly, placing characters in various environments
• Able to take initiative concerning graphics
• Knowledge of vectoring tools (Illustrator)
• Knowledge of 3D techniques (3ds Max, Zbrush, etc.) is an asset.
• Proactive, independent, and able to work in a team
• Excellent knowledge of visual and graphic trends (TV, movies, web, games, etc.)
• Portfolio demonstrating your sense of artistry, finesse and solid experience
• Fluent in English and French
• Finesse and high level of execution required
In order for us to consider your application, please send us your portfolio or examples of your work (demos, animations, images, websites, etc.). Please send us your website and portfolio address, if you have one.
Please send your documents to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only retained candidates will be contacted. Your CV will be kept in our files for a period of 6 months. Thank you for your interest in Gameloft.
- Essential - Able to take initiative concerning graphics
- Asset - Be able to create quality logos
- Essential - Solid Knowledge of Photoshop
- Essential - Photomontage and 2D special effects.
- Essential - Knowledge of vectoring tools (Illustrator)
Knowledge and abilities
- Essential - Bilingual (Written and Spoken English and French)
- Essential - Finesse and high quality of work are expected
- Essential - Portfolio
- Asset - Knowledge of 3D techniques (3ds Max, Zbrush, etc.)
- Essential - Be able to adapt to various graphical styles
A leading global developer and publisher of downloadable video games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms, including mobile phones, smartphones and tablets (including Apple® iOS and Android® devices), set top box, connected TVs and HTML5 browsers.. Gameloft partners with leading international brands such as UNO®, Spider-Man®, James Cameron’s Avatar™, Ferrari® and Sonic Unleashed®. Gameloft also operates its own established franchises, such as Real Football, Asphalt™, Modern Combat 3: Fallen Nation and N.O.V.A Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance®. Gameloft is present in all continents, distributes its games in 100 countries and employs over 4,000 developers.
Gameloft is listed on the Paris Stock Exchange (ISIN: FR0000079600, Bloomberg: GFT FP, Reuters: GLFT.PA).