- (Reference :13735)
Manager, Product Development & Management
Standard Life Investments (SLI) is a premier asset manager with an expanding global reach. Our wide range of investment solutions is backed by our distinctive Focus on Change investment philosophy, disciplined risk management and shared commitment to a culture of investment excellence. As at 31 December 2011, Standard Life Investments managed CDN$ 245 billion on behalf of clients worldwide. Our investment capabilities span equities, bonds, real estate, private equity, multi-asset and absolute return strategies. In Canada, our Product Development and Management, as part of the Distribution & Client Services team, collaborates with all areas of the firm including investments, marketing and communication, sales, client servicing, operations and legal and compliance. The role holder provides analytical and coordinative support within the organization in the product development and management initiatives with respect to institutional investment products managed by SLI. They will review
products regularly, ensuring issues and risks are identified and properly mitigated, whilst also ensuring a smooth implementation of changes in accordance with our product governance process. The role holder will work with the product team of our sister company, Standard Life Assurance Company of Canada when working on products for them. The role holder will also identify product opportunities and recommend appropriate actions.
* To review products regularly to ensure competitiveness and relevance.
* To recommend new products and enhancements to existing products.
* To collaborate in the implementation of enhancements to existing products and new products.
* To collaborate with all areas of the firm including investments, operations, sales, communication, executives, legal and compliance in order to understand and manage the implications (opportunities, risks, issues) of various developments.
* To prepare product documentation to support our initiatives including business cases, risk assessment and profitability reports, committee papers, investment policies, presentations and other similar documents.
* To collaborate with the product team of SLI Ltd with respect to products managed by SLI Ltd and offered on their institutional (DB and DC) distribution platform.
* To participate in the development of our institutional product strategic plans.
* To meet regularly with managers to understand their investment process.
* To identify and maintain key product information.
* To collaborate closely with the D&CS institutional teams of SLI by providing strategic product input and product support.
* To keep informed on the institutional fund management industry and identify market needs and trends with respect to products.
* To perform market research to support the D&CS strategic plans and product development initiatives.
* Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
* Bilingual (English and French)
* Solid understanding of investment products and markets
* Institutional industry knowledge of investment product services and regulatory environment
* Finance and analytical skills
* Project management skills
* University degree in actuarial science, finance or business administration
* 8 years or more of business knowledge and experience within the institutional financial services industry (ideally within a product area)
* CFA qualified or in the process of completing the examinations
CORE COMPETENCIES AND THE FOLLOWING
* Customer Focus - works hard to understand the needs of customers and tailors approach.
* Preference for Action - is proactive and takes the lead in identifying and developing technology solutions.
* Planning and Organising - is structured in approach to work, managing time and keeping track of deadlines and priorities.
* Teamwork - supports colleagues and is willing to share ideas and listen to others.
* Communicating and Influencing - is articulate when dealing with customers and listens to their needs. Explains things clearly whether verbally or in writing and takes steps to build rapport. Uses range of influencing tools and techniques to persuade others to act.
* Networking - builds a range of contacts both internally and externally and uses knowledge to gain business advantage.
* Information Gathering - works hard to draw information from customers to ensure full picture is understood and decisions can be made.
* Flexibility - can switch readily between tasks and can manage a variety of tasks effectively and simultaneously and responds positively to change.
* Analytical Thinking - will review processes and procedures and identify key areas which need to be addressed. Can identify solutions.