A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
The mission of the Pension Plans group is to efficiently manage the pension plans and ensure their conformity.
Reporting to the Director, Pension Plans, the Sr Advisor will assist with the management of Domtar's Canadian, US and European pension plans. The incumbent is considered an expert with strong technical expertise in US and Canadian pension plans with responsibility to address broader areas such as legal compliance, tax interpretation, forecasting and planning asset changes. He/she is in contact with all related contributors (employees, benefits administrators, external suppliers, Finance, Labor Relations, HR Departments, and government agencies) to ensure that the pension plans are managed efficiently.
More specifically, you will have to:
• Develop proposals for program changes that summarize costs, utilization, vendors’ performance, trends and program analysis and contribute to the strategy and retirement planning;
• Manage projects with regards to vendor changes (including communication and presentation to the Pension Administration Committee) and ensure implementation;
• Develop clear and concise presentation documents, from general employee communications up to the C-Suite;
• Create and manage process improvement initiatives to ensure high level of employee’s understanding and satisfaction;
• Work closely with legal, finance, actuaries, plan administration and vendors to develop program documents, ensuring validity, compliance and financial stability of the multiple plans with company practice, ERISA, provincial and federal, state and local laws;
• Manage implementation strategy and programs for defined benefits, defined contributions and other retirement programs (Canada, US and Europe);
• Support all internal customers in regards of pension plans' activities (communication, labor relations, accounting, etc.);
• Develop and deploy best practices for accounting, administration and business processes;
• Support work related to plan mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and closures including required actuarial work, legal notice requirements and accounting impact.
You must successfully complete a selection process that includes interviews, aptitude tests (for some positions) and reference verification.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. We invite women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Join the fiber innovation wave!
For more information on this position, please visit our website "Careers section": www.domtar.com
Reference number: #1027
Domtar is a leading provider of a wide variety of fiber-based products including communication, specialty and packaging papers, market pulp and absorbent hygiene products. With approximately 9,850 employees serving more than 50 countries around the world, Domtar is driven by a commitment to turn sustainable wood fiber into useful products that people rely on every day. To learn more, visit www.domtar.com.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.