A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
As part of a transformation of the Human Resources function, VIA Rail Canada (“VIA Rail”) is seeking an experienced Senior Business Partner, Human Resources to guide his or her team and implement this new direction with internal partners.
Reporting to the Director of the HR Business Centre, you will lead all HR activities for Via Rail’s Mechanical Maintenance Division. This division includes mechanical maintenance centres in Montréal, Toronto, Winnipeg and Vancouver and has over 800 employees across Canada. Supported by two HR Business Partners, you will guide your team in implementing the expanded consulting role that is to be in place from now on. You will lead the rollout of HR initiatives while coaching the managers on the cultural transformation under way in the mechanical maintenance centres, and on HR practices and policies.
• Understand the context, issues and challenges of the Mechanical Maintenance Division;
• Strategically support the culture change and evolution of the sector;
• Develop and orchestrate the implementation of HR solutions to address issues, including union relations and grievance management;
• Interact with and influence managers at various levels;
• Roll out HR practices in the sector’s divisions;
• Monitor the organizational climate;
• Support the partners in HRM activities such as talent acquisition, performance and compensation management, employee relations, talent and leadership development, and change management.
• Bachelor’s degree in HRM or industrial relations;
• Over 10 years of experience as an HR generalist, in a unionized industrial setting;
• Personnel management experience (direct or functional team).
• Ability to act as a strategic partner who adjusts HR strategies to meet business needs such as the development of a vision linked to the talent strategy for the Mechanical Maintenance Division, or the deployment of inspiring management practices to increase engagement;
• Determination to foster change;
• Ability to influence executives and management teams;
• Excellent skills in French and English communication, both oral and written;
• High degree of professionalism and autonomy;
• The position requires travel 15 to 20% of the time.
VIA Rail thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. VIA Rail is an employment-equity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply. VIA Rail Canada is proud to be a military friendly employer.
Our employees are key contributors to operating 420 trains weekly on 12,500 kilometers of track, serving 450 communities across the country, from coast to coast and north to Hudson Bay . They believe in our more human way to travel. They share our passion for quality services, traveller satisfaction and safety. They continue to make us a leader in travel and tourism experiences in Canada.
Over the coming years, together, we will tackle ambitious passenger rail modernization and expansion projects. We will also experience the retirement of many colleagues. This will open the door to a wealth of opportunities for motivated individuals who embrace our mission and values.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.