Position title: Employee Benefits Advisor
Immediate superior: Vice-President (Finances)
Reporting to the Vice-President of finances, the Employee Benefits Advisor coordinates activities related to group insurance programs and group pension plans. The incumbent is also responsible for managing disability cases and the employee assistance program, as well as for entering data into the appropriate systems.
Tasks and responsibilities
• Administer group insurance plans and employee benefits and act as chief contact for insurers and external consultants for Canada and the United States;
• Act as resource person to answer general inquiries from employees at head office and all corporate stores in Canada and the United States about group insurance and group pension plans;
• Participate in activities concerning the renewal of group insurance contracts in Canada and the United States;
• Enter data into HR systems and generate various reports;
• Prepare invoices for group insurance plans in Canada and the United States;
• Remit RRSP and DPSP contributions in Canada and 401K contributions in the United States;
• Recommend and design policies, programs and procedures for employee benefits and group pension plans in Canada and the United States;
• Coordinate and direct certain special Human Resources projects in collaboration with the team;
• Manage short- and long-term disability for employees in Canada and the United States;
• Manage parental leave for employees in Canada;
• Organize and present staff information meetings about benefits for head office employees, and by e-mail or telephone for employees at the Springfield plant and corporate stores across Canada and the United States;
• Administer various queries about special and problematic group insurance regulations, interpret clauses in the group insurance policy and manage the problems of certain claimants in Canada and the United States;
• Responsible for the employee assistance program;
• All other tasks related to the position.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, labour relations or a related field;
• Five to ten years’ experience in Human Resources or a related field;
• Knowledge of Canadian legislation (specifically Ontario and British Columbia);
• Knowledge of American legislation;
• Experience in managing employee benefits in both Canada and the United States;
• Knowledge of 401K an asset;
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office applications;
• Perfectly bilingual in both oral and written English and French;
• Knowledge of the RH Expert system an asset;
• Knowledge of the Ceridian system an asset;
• Able to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment;
• Flexible and highly adaptable.
BATH FITTER® is North America's premier acrylic bath, shower and wall system company with over 180 franchisees and 35 corporately owned across North America. Our products are custom molded to fit right over existing fixtures for quick and clean bath remodeling that is complete in less than a day.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.