A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
EMPOWERED PEOPLE POWERING INDUSTRY
Wajax is a leading Canadian industrial products and services provider engaged in the sale and service support of mobile equipment, power systems, and industrial components. Reflecting a diversified exposure to the Canadian economy, Wajax operates through a network of over 100 branches across Canada, with over 2,500 Wajax team members.
The Continuous Improvement Manager is responsible for investigating efficiency and service levels and implementing continuous improvement processes that achieve specific measurable improvements.
Coaches, motivates and manages parts and service teams to ensure compliance with the company’s policies and procedures. Completes Quality audits and implements corrective actions, as necessary, to ensure the company’s ISO9001 accreditation is kept current.
● Acts as change champion in the ongoing process of implementing and ensuring a continuous improvement culture; ensures follow-through and update of processes with the various departments.
● Maintains, updates and improves the ISO9001 Quality Management System
● Participates in the establishment and maintenance of continuous improvement tools in accordance with organizational guidelines (e.g., 5S, Kaizen, SMED, TPM, PDCA, etc.).
● Completes and follows up on internal audits and quality management reviews.
● Solves work-related problems and recommends measures to improve productivity.
● Identifies and leverages best practices in continuous improvement and ensures their implementation.
● Ensures transfer of knowledge and best practices to branch managers and regional managers.
● Implements and coordinates projects aimed at improving processes and efficiencies in the service departments and on the production floor.
Your Skills and Qualifications
• 5 years’ experience in a similar role
• Team leader (asset) and influencer experience
• Degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering with certification in Continuous Improvement (Ex: Greenbelt)
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Microsoft Visio, Advanced Excel
• Ability to develop interpersonal relationships at various levels in the organization
• Bilingual French and English spoken and written
• Available for regular travel within Quebec
• Decision-making, problem solving and negotiation skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong strategic planning and execution skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Asset: SQL & VBA programming
• Asset: Experience in Quality Management
More than just a Competitive Salary
Going to work should be engaging, stimulating and rewarding, but it should also help you fulfill your needs, and propel your future! This is why Wajax offers a total compensation package that includes competitive pay, comprehensive benefits, learning and development, and some unique additional “perks.” Highlights of our programs include:
• 100% employer paid medical and dental benefits with no waiting period for eligibility
• Wajax led e-learning, and product training through industry leading manufacturers.
• Discounts with the “Big 3” auto manufacturers equivalent to their internal employee pricing
• As a national company, you have the opportunity to work where you live, or where you want to live!
Wajax is committed to employing a workforce that is representative of the diverse communities across Canada in which we do business. As an equal opportunity employer, please inform us if any accommodation is required if contacted for an interview.
As a condition of employment, final candidates will be subject to pre-screening.
Back to top
Rewarding Careers Begin at Wajax
Wajax Corporation is a leading Canadian distributor engaged in the sale and service support of mobile equipment, power systems and industrial components. Reflecting a diversified exposure to the Canadian economy, Wajax has three distinct business divisions, which operate through a network of over 100 branches across Canada, with almost 2,800 Wajax team members.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.