A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
VIA Rail Canada Inc. is currently seeking On-Train Service Attendants for our Montreal Terminal.
Welcome to people with experience in the food, restaurant, hospitality industry or airline company (flight attendant)!
Your definition of giving an excellent customer service is warmly greeting people and answering their needs with diligence, efficiency and heartfelt appreciation for their business. We share your belief and have built our reputation on providing excellent service, in a safe and secure environment.
Based in Montreal, you will be called upon to travel to Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City, Gaspe, Jonquière and Senneterre.
Contributing to their pleasurable trip, you will provide passengers with a comfortable and safe experience:
• welcoming and guiding them to their cabin or seat
• giving safety instructions
• helping with baggage
• serving meals (including meat)
• serving beverages (including alcoholic beverages)
• selling snacks and refreshments
• ensuring the tidiness and cleanliness of the bedrooms and work areas
If routine is not your “cup of tea”, you like challenges and can thrive under pressure, you will connect with our customer service teams. Satisfying customers tactfully always prevails over occasional irritants and unpleasant situations.
Some important details about the job:
You are available to work:
• on variable schedule including weekends and holidays and on call (no guaranteed hours)
• away from your home terminal for extended periods (up to 3 days at a time)
• as early as 4:40 am
• You will follow a training session of approximately five weeks which must be successfully completed to obtain the position.
• Training start : November 14, 2016.
• Hourly training rate: $12.20/hour
• Hourly On-train Service Attendant rate: $20.94/hour
You are well-suited for this challenge if you:
• have a strong ability to communicate with a smile, both in English and French (spoken)
• possess a High School Diploma
• have a minimum of one year of customer service experience, ideally in food service industry, restaurant or airline company as a flight attendant
• must be physically able to lift weights up to 23kg
Benefit from a complete and competitive salary and benefits package in a safe work environment.
Above all, you will find kindred spirits committed to teamwork and quality in the pursuit of excellence in customer service.
Come aboard and apply now!
VIA Rail thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. VIA Rail is an employment-equity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply. VIA Rail Canada is proud to be a military friendly employer.
Our employees are key contributors to operating 420 trains weekly on 12,500 kilometers of track, serving 450 communities across the country, from coast to coast and north to Hudson Bay . They believe in our more human way to travel. They share our passion for quality services, traveller satisfaction and safety. They continue to make us a leader in travel and tourism experiences in Canada.
Over the coming years, together, we will tackle ambitious passenger rail modernization and expansion projects. We will also experience the retirement of many colleagues. This will open the door to a wealth of opportunities for motivated individuals who embrace our mission and values.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.