A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
The heart of Bauer Hockey is built around one simple idea -- innovation. Whether that innovation is called Vapor, Supreme or Nexus, the principle is the same: think something that nobody has thought before, or improve something that already exists. It's how we create our products, and it's the way we treat the people we work with. Bauer Hockey Corp., is currently seeking a:
To fill a permanent position in the Sourcing department located in Blainville, Quebec. The incumbent will mainly have the responsibility for developing and managing an effective strategy that includes; manufacturing source selection, FOB Cost negotiations and controls, capacity planning, and on time delivery, while ensuring that the Sourcing/Manufacturing Organization is a value added partner for Bauer Hockey.
Essential Job Functions:
• Oversees and leads the sourcing and costing process for pre-defined product categories.
• Performs costing analysis and negotiates FOB pricing.
• Collaborates with category teams to consistently review product needs and leads the organization towards the appropriate sourcing direction(s).
• Leads factory price negotiation discussions to determine the most competitive and accurate costing plan.
• Attends cross-functional meetings and provides sourcing information for specific product categories.
• Constantly updating team members on existing pricing challenges and concerns, while working with supply chain, R&D and Quality teams to resolve them.
• Analyzes factory capacities to help formulate more efficient production plans, ensuring product demands are met.
• Acts as a liaison, working to resolve problems between office and source factories.
• Travels to Asian source factories to review production performance/standards, and to resolve issues.
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as needed.
• Bachelor degree in business with a minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years experience in sourcing, production, manufacturing, or supply chain with proven management experience leading a team.
• Must possess excellent negotiating capabilities and understanding of product costing including OH, Labor, FX and Raw Materials.
• Must be available to travel oversees mainly in Asia couple times per year.
• Extremely detail-orientated and able to multi-task and thrive in fast-paced environment.
• Ability to successfully persuade and motivate others from multiple cultures and languages to act.
• Proven leadership capability, including ability to inspire, develop and mentor others within work group.
• Creates flexible, responsive, competitive sourcing strategies.
• Able to clearly communicate goals.
• Adds organizational value through unique technical expertise.
• Uses creative problem-solving methods to analyze problems and generate options.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in French & English (oral, written and verbal).
• Demonstrates ability to think analytically, communicate effectively and negotiate.
• Ability to work both independently and cooperatively with a diverse group of people;
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Strong understanding of cultural diversities and situational sensitivity awareness.
• A passion for all sports.
Bauer Hockey Corp. offers excellent benefits, a stimulating environment and a competitive salary. If your experience meets our needs and you would like to join our team, kindly apply at www.bauer.com/careers. Only those persons chosen for an interview will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer.
BAUER Hockey is the world's leading designer, developer, manufacturer and marketer of ice hockey equipment. Founded in Kitchener, Ontario in 1927, the Company developed the first skate with a blade attached to a boot, forever changing the game of hockey. Since then, BAUER has continued to develop the most innovative products in the industry.
We at BAUER Hockey only succeed with great teammates. If you’re a team player and ready to pitch in with new ideas, hard work and bold leadership, use the links below to learn more about job opportunities across the globe.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.