Financial Controller, Hotels/F&B Operations
- As soon as possible
- To be discussed
The Controller is responsible for the execution and direction of the overall financial operations of the hotels and F&B operations including budgets, forecasts, operating results, capital plans, internal controls, financial reporting, accounts payable, accounts receivable and credit. A well-qualified applicant would be detailed oriented and self-motivated individual who is able to work with minimal supervision.
• Establishes, coordinates and administers all financial systems, internal controls and the hotel's capital plan. Prepares and reviews budgets, forecasts, operating results, financial reports and tax returns in compliance with government regulations, company, and ownership requirements;
• The Controller is the financial manager of the group. The position is responsible for short and long term financial planning and the daily operations of the Controller's department. Develops and recommends the department's budget and objectives and manages within those approved plans. Participates in total hotel management as a member of the hotel's Executive team and is responsible for providing the timely dissemination of reports to management to assist in achieving bottom line results;
• Establish, coordinate and administer an adequate plan for the control of operations. This plan would provide profit planning, sales forecasts, expense budgets, capital requirement/needs, cost standards and the necessary procedures for effecting the plan. Formulate accounting policy, coordinate systems and procedures and prepare operating data and special reports as required to compare performance with operating plans and standards and to report and interpret the results of operations to all levels of management and ownership to ensure timely information is provided in order to maximize profits;
• Act as a financial consultant; provide information on the financial impact of business decisions for all segments of management responsible for policy or action concerning any phase of the business that relates to attainment of objectives, effectiveness of policies and organization structure and procedures;
• Establish and administer all tax filing and government reporting procedures to ensure accurate, timely information is provided in compliance with laws and regulations;
• Monitor compliance with hotel and accounting policies and procedures, legal requirements and contractual obligations utilizing internal controls, auditing and security procedures to ensure deviations are brought to the attention of the General Manager or VP Finance and to protect the hotel's assets;
- Essential - University diploma in Finance, Accounting or rel
- Essential - Minimum of 5 to 10 years of accounting experience
- Essential - Experience with budgetary processes/cost control
Knowledge and abilities
- Important - Strong leadership
- Important - supervisory and project management skills
- Important - Analytical skills
- Important - Excellent and demonstrated communications skills
- Important - Bilinguism
Since arriving in Canada more than 30 years ago from their native Greece, brothers Tony and Costa Antonopoulos have built a portfolio of elegant restaurants and boutique hotels in the historic district of Old Montreal. Their consistent delivery of outstanding client services has raised the bar on hospitality industry standards. Notable recipient of Tourism Montreal’s prestigious Grand Ulysse prize in March 2007 and of the hotel industry’s 2008 Pinnacle Award ― Regional Company of the Year, the Antonopoulos family was recognized many times for its exceptional contribution to the development of regional tourism. Hotel Nelligan and the Place d’Armes Hôtel & Suites are ranked among the best: placing first and second, respectively, in world destinations with the best overall value and also at the top of the North American list of award winners for hotels at $250 or less per night, according to the readers of Travel + Leisure magazine (as part of the annual World’s Best Hotel Values 2010 survey). Moreover, the Place d’Armes Hôtel & Suites received an official recognition by Conde Nast 2010 Readers’ choice Awards as one of the top 30 Hotels in Canada.
The Antonopoulos Group operations employ more than 600 people, and hotel, bar, restaurant and spa holdings include: Auberge du Vieux Port, Taverne Gaspar, Terrasse de l’Auberge du Vieux-Port, Lofts du Vieux-Port, Hotel Nelligan, Verses Restaurant, Méchant Bœuf Bar & Brasserie, Terrasse Nelligan, Le Place d’Armes Hôtel & Suites, Aix Cuisine du Terroir, Suite 701, Rainspa, Terrasse 701, Le Petit Hôtel, Bevo Pizzeria + Bar, Modavie Restaurant Wine Bar and Vieux-Port Steakhouse.