- (Reference :520)
Financial Accounting Manager
About Kruger Energy
Kruger Energy is a fast-growing company specializing the development and management of green and renewable energy power plants. Taking into account hydroelectric, wind power, biomass cogeneration and biogas energy plants, Kruger Inc. and Kruger Energy manage 32 production sites totalling 423 MW of installed capacity. Kruger Energy is committed to developing its projects in keeping with the life goals of communities and with respect for the environment. The Company is headquartered in Montreal and its establishments are located in Canada and the US.
Its parent company, Kruger Inc., is active in such diverse industries as renewable energy, tissue products, pulp and paper, forest products, paperboard and packaging, wines and spirits, and recycling.
The Financial Accounting Manager is responsible for all accounting for the Company, financial reporting, cash management. The Financial Accounting Manager ensures accounting is complete and accurate, and that timely financial information is reported monthly internally and externally. In addition, the Financial Accounting Manager ensures internal controls are functioning properly in Head Office and the Canadian sites.
· Corporate accounting including General Ledger, Fixed Assets, JD Edward systems and Cognos controller consolidation system.
Internal financial statements and consolidation, financial reporting and monthly commentary.
· Corporate monthly reporting including KPI.
· External financial reporting (monthly/quarterly to the financial institutions).
· Monthly internal and annual legal reporting requirements for Kemont in conjunction with the project financing.
· External Audit.
· Assisting Income tax and commodity tax, including all tax compliance and audits. (Including CRCE analysis)
· Monitoring Kruger Energy cash management in regards of banking syndicate agreements requirements. (monthly cash position, cash restricted requirements, rolling the debt via bankers’ acceptances, monitoring banking covenants and participating/supporting quarterly MD&A preparation).
· Corporate expense reports and P-card payments.
· Corporate department spending variance analysis and follow-up with the cost centre managers.
· Other projects/mandate for the Corporate VP Finance as required.
· Participate in development and monitoring of policies and procedures relevant to accounting, budgeting, forecasting and reporting.
· Ensure that sites management have implemented appropriate internal controls and procedures including inventory, fixed assets and capital expenditure control, and ensure controls are functioning appropriately.
· Perform all duties and responsibilities in accordance with general accepted accounting principles (IFRS)
· University degree in Business/Commerce, Finance or Accounting.
· A minimum of 4 years relevant accounting and business experience, including financial statement reporting, audit, tax.
· Accounting designation required (CA preferred).
· Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be very proficient in using Excel and large financial systems including knowledge of JD Edwards.
· Ability to deal with a variety of people in the sites, at corporate office and financial institutions.
· Bilingualism (English and French) is essential.
· Knowledge of accounting IFRS standard.
Kruger Energy inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest in Kruger Energy inc. but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.