A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
Achievements and stimulating challenges:
Under the supervision of the Support Team Leader in the Montreal’s Head Office, the Technical Support Engineer supports OPAL-RT’s software and hardware tools for real-time hardware-in-the-loop (HIL) applications. He is responsible for customer’s on-site training, commissioning and integration, as long as internal support and testing. Supporting OPAL-RT’s satellite offices, helping on upcoming deliveries and developing internal support tools is also part of the job.
The candidate we seek has technical abilities and a focus on customer satisfaction. He possesses excellent problem-solving logic and customer knowledge. He is able to manage both day-to-day customer support and long-term internal projects.
The employee will work in Montreal. However, it must have a valid passport and be available to travel (at least 25% of the time), among others, to the United States. This opportunity offers flexibility, the opportunity to develop advanced technical skills and customer-contact experience. The employee will become available for worldwide travel to customer’s site. Learn multiple aspects of the HIL simulation and its application allowing you to be in close contact with various industries such as power electronics, automotive, aeronautics, electrical drives and more.
• Education : Electrical engineering degree;
• Experience : 1 to 3 years, relevant experience in industry (internship or job);
• Required knowledge of tools : MATLAB/Simulink;
• Basic knowledge of those tools (asset) : Windows, QNX and Linux operating systems, VHDL programming, FPGA flash and Communication protocols, Python, C++, EMTP-RV, Cymdist, PowerFactory;
• Assets : Hardware-in-the-loop tools (Opal-RT Technologies, dSpace, RTDS, ADI), Simulation of power electronics, hybrid vehicles, automotive technologies, DSP applications and Usage of Analog and Digital Inputs/Outputs;
• Language abilities : Perfectly fluent in French and English, Spanish is an asset;
• Skills required: Customer satisfaction, autonomy and proactivity, planning and organization, good communication skills, teamwork and interpersonal relationships, discipline and determination, flexibility and adaptation, able to deal with ambiguity and pressure.
A career with OPAL-RT will suit you if:
• You are seeking stimulating challenges that will constantly push you to do your best
• You dream of a family environment that is also professional, cooperative and friendly.
• You need a flexible schedule and the ability to telecommute in order to balance work and home life.
• You want to continue to expand your knowledge and know-how by working side-by-side with researchers, innovators and scientists who share one thing; Passion.
• You have chosen to be an important contributor the technological progress in a multitude of industries.
• You want to be recognized for your ideas, creativity and talents.
• You know your worth and seek a globally competitive salary.
• You don’t just want a job, you want a career!
Are you ready to bet on your success?
About OPAL-RT Technologies
Imagine working for a company whose customers include NASA, Bombardier, ABB, EMBRAER, MIT, GE, Ford, GM, NREL and Hydro-Québec! OPAL-RT’s ambitious challenge is to democratize simulation and make it affordable and accessible to every engineer and researcher. By joining the OPAL-RT family, you will be helping develop to the technology of the future.
World leader in with our diverse applications, our tools are used in a wide range of fields, including, automotive, aerospace, energy, transportation and industrial manufacturing, etc. Established in Quebec and strengthened by a global presence, OPAL-RT has the wind in its sails!
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.