A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
Esterline CMC Electronics welcomes people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward.
Under the supervision of the Manufacturing Engineering Manager, the Technical Specialist, Manufacturing, works in co-operation with various production cells by providing initial technical support in manufacturing products. Prepares work instructions, defines procedures and processes, programs some machines, performs failure analysis and participates in continuous improvement activities.
• Manages the commissioning of new test equipment and the calibration schedule.
• Conducts time studies on test steps and establishes reference times.
• Prepares, approves and manages work procedures and instructions and visual aids.
• Recommends and develops cost reduction techniques.
• Recommends the acquisition of test equipment and of equipment, directs installation and commissioning;
• Approves and designs work instruments.
• Investigates and resolves technical problems.
• Studies, designs and selects material handling methods and equipment.
• Produces manufacturing procedures, graphics, etc.
• Participates in purchasing or manufacturing decisions.
• Reviews, plans and recommends actions that are deemed necessary to create the best work environment for employees, while respecting budget and production standards.
• Participates in revisions of designs;
• Recommends improvements or standards for production. Revises production drawings prior to publication.
• Develops computer programs related to manufacturing equipment and participates in the development of computer systems.
• Participates in the preparation of proposals and submissions of the Company by suggesting methods, techniques, standards, etc.
• Performs any other related tasks as assigned.
• College diploma in mechanical, or equivalent
• Two (2) years of relevant experience
• Knowledge of electromechanical manufacturing procedures is an asset;
• Knowledge of design software: Solidworks / Autocad is an asset;
• Functional skills in office automation, programming and electronics.
• Knowledge of computer tools such as Microsoft Office and Windows.
• Bilinguism (oral and written French and English).
• Great dexterity and attention to details.
• Initiative skills, large capacity of synthesizing and capacity to work with multidisciplinary teams.
CMC is committed to employment equity and to the equal access program. CMC encourages
members of designated groups to apply for jobs.
Employees, who are interested in pursuing such opportunities and possess the right qualifications, please apply no later than March 17th, 2017.
CMC Electronics Inc. is a world leader in the design, manufacture, sales and support of electronic products for the aviation and global positioning markets. Its principal locations are in Montréal, Ottawa and Chicago. CMC is a wholly owned subsidiary of Esterline Corporation, a specialized aerospace and defense company headquartered in Bellevue, Washington. Esterline employs over 12,000 people worldwide.
CMC Electronics, formerly Canadian Marconi Company, has been designing and building electronic and communication systems since 1903. The Company is a major supplier to the aerospace and high-technology industries, airlines, military agencies and government customers around the world.
We are currently looking for enthusiastic candidates who will successfully meet major challenges in hardware and software design. We offer very competitive benefits, a pleasant working environment and a career path based on your strengths and interests.
Visit our website for job openings at http://www.esterline.com/avionicssystems
CMC is committed to employment equity and to the equal access program. CMC encourages members of designated groups to apply for jobs.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.