A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
- Lead transformer installation and maintenance activities on site
- Direct ABB technicians and/or 3rd party contractors in performing site work
- Interact with customer to ensure safe and proper site work execution
- Drive on-time, on scope completion of work
- Perform electrical testing of transformers that includes power factor, ratio, resistance, insulation resistance, SFRA
- Operate and maintain transformer oil processing rig
- Reviews drawings, specifications and engineering instructions to plan requirements for site personnel, equipment (cranes, tankers, man-lift etc)
- Prepares ABB and customer reports on testing and site work performed
- Manages post commissioning warranty activities
- Works with Customer on field related problems
- Reviews, interprets and comments on technical specifications
- Maintains tools and work trailers
- Ensures all site work is performed to ABBs/Customers safety requirements
- Maintains, checks and ensures PPE is utilized at all times
- Domestic travel required, including remote sites
- Primary focus on Power Service business in Canada
- Strong management skills
- Working on job sites for > 1 week
- Certified Technician with a 2 year diploma
- Engineering technology or equivalent training with service experience in power generation, protection, transmission and distribution
- 7 to 10 years of experience (including at least 2 - 5 years service in transformer services)
- Be able to lead work teams
- Ability to formulate solutions to technical problems, prepare technical quotations and reports
- Must be available 24/7 for Customer emergencies and able to complete service calls unsupervised at customer sites. This may include longer term work assignments at customer sites.
- Good interpersonal skills with customers and co-workers is extremely important
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in French and in English
- Safety minded and proven safety work record
- Customer-service focused
- Self-control and flexibility
- Concern for change orders and future project potential
- Personal Leadership
- Demonstrated safety leadership
ABB (www.abb.com) is a global leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve their performance while minimizing environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in around 100 countries and employs about 140,000 people.
In Canada, ABB employs close to 5,000 people from coast to coast. We are the market leader in power transmission and distribution and hold leading market positions in most key product areas.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.