A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
We are currently seeking a Supervisor, Facility Management for our Montreal Maintenance Center(MMC), located in Pointe St-Charles.
The Supervisor, Facility Management, plans, organizes, coordinates and supervises efficient execution of preventive and corrective maintenance work done by employees (multidisciplinary team) based on the priorities associated with Maintenance Centre operations, occupational health and safety, and environmental protection standards, while fully complying with the applicable collective agreements.
The Supervisor, Facility Management:
• Manages scheduled activities of the preventive maintenance management program, recommends ways to improve existing methods and programs in order to increase the productivity and efficiency of the work performed as well as systems and equipment performance.
• Collaborates with engineers in the preparation and development of action plans and capital projects in order to ensure the safe ongoing operation of facilities for which Facility Management is responsible.
• Draws up technical specifications for service contracts and supervises the work performed by specialized contractors. Manages the acquisition of material, invoicing, the work orders log, hours worked, as well as employee training needs.
• Ensures that maintenance and repair work is performed in accordance with Maintenance Centre quality standards as well as safety and environmental regulations by making proper use of existing management systems.
• Promotes and reinforces a work environment geared towards the health and safety of people, the protection of corporate property, loss prevention, and environmental protection.
• Promotes the development of employee skills as well as a coherent work environment for subordinate employee groups.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• College Diploma in Electrical Engineering Technology and/or Building Mechanic Technology
• Minimum of ten years relevant experience in facilities maintenance, mechanical and electrical systems, and industrial equipment maintenance.
• At least five years of experience supervising and managing unionized personnel.
• Substantial hands-on experience with a computerized maintenance management system.
• Possession of a valid “C” license is an asset.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Leadership skills. Ability to work well in a team environment.
• Efficient time management, solid management skills and ability to make informed decisions quickly and under pressure.
• Versatile, solid organizational, planning and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and deliver on time and within budget.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel). as well as Oracle, JD Edwards, EnterpriseOne, SAP or People Soft, and ability to use databases.LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS:
• Good knowledge of French and English.
VIA Rail thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. VIA Rail is an employment-equity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply. VIA Rail Canada is proud to be a military friendly employer.
Our employees are key contributors to operating 420 trains weekly on 12,500 kilometers of track, serving 450 communities across the country, from coast to coast and north to Hudson Bay . They believe in our more human way to travel. They share our passion for quality services, traveller satisfaction and safety. They continue to make us a leader in travel and tourism experiences in Canada.
Over the coming years, together, we will tackle ambitious passenger rail modernization and expansion projects. We will also experience the retirement of many colleagues. This will open the door to a wealth of opportunities for motivated individuals who embrace our mission and values.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.