A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
SPECIALIST, DESIGN PROJECT, ELECTRICAL & COMPUTER ENGINEERING (P4953) – GRADE 13
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING AND COMPUTER SCIENCE
Reporting to the Engineer in Residence, the incumbent is responsible for the development, maintenance and support of the teaching and research laboratories, and for the development and implementation of design project courses in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering.
• Lead projects from the development and design phases through implementation while keeping within schedule; minimize exposure and risk on all projects.
• Plan, manage and monitor projects from concepts through implementation; monitor design project progress and produce reports.
• Assist the Engineer in Residence in supervising and providing engineering and project management advice for design project courses, including but not limited to the courses that use Android Software Development Kit; monitor design project progress and produce reports.
• Recommend and initiate improvements to design project courses; work with faculty and staff in the development of new projects; prepare project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Administer contracts, lab exam, prepare grades and assign workload to Teaching Assistants (TAs) for all courses of the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering.
• Supervise and coordinate lab sessions in various courses, including ordering, organizing and preparing lab supplies and equipment; supervise and train lab demonstrators.
• Maintain and monitor laboratories, including supplies, equipment, inventory, and perform various activities related to maintaining laboratories; maintain sensitive equipment, including calibration.
• Develop laboratory content. Assists in the coordination of pricing, estimating, for proposed projects and in the development and preparation of technical specifications; prepare quotations utilizing supplier information, cost standards and technical information.
• Develop, maintain and update user-training guides, lab manuals, tutorials and instructional aids; prepare specifications for purchases of materials or equipment.
• Review, develop, and prepare maintenance standards.
• Perform other lab support activities and other tasks as required by the Engineer in Residence.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or related field with four to seven of related work experience, at least two years of experience in developing smartphone applications with the Android Software Development Kit.
• Professional designation (ing, P.Eng.) or qualified to be an engineer and is ready to start the process of acquiring professional engineering designation.
• Good spoken and written English language skills (Level 4) in order to communicate effectively with students and faculty; basic spoken French (Level 3) to respond to general inquiries.
• Very good organizational and interpersonal skills; proven ability to respond to questions and sensitive requests; ability to handle potentially difficult situations and difficult people.
• Strong theoretical and technical background in design; knowledge of programming languages (C, C++, Java), operating systems (Windows, Linux), software development environments (Eclipse or equivalent).
• Capacity to work in a changing environment; ability to multi-task and work under pressure with minimal supervision.
• Keen attention to details with good analytical and problem solving skills.
• Aptitude to work in a service-oriented environment both as member of a team and independently.
• Intermediate knowledge of MS Word and Excel to produce reports.
• Ability to take initiative, creativity and imagination.
• Availability to occasionally work irregular hours to attend events in the evenings and on weekends.
• Physical ability to perform primary responsibilities (i.e.: must be able to lift, carry, transport and pull weights up to 15 kg; ability to perceive and discriminate colours or shade of colours), as attested by successful completion of medical evaluation to the University’s satisfaction.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.