POSITION TITLE R&D Chemist and Compliance Coordinator
REPORTS TO Technical Sales Director
Serves as lead person on regulatory affairs and compliance efforts. Provides R&D assistance on new and modified products.
The following are essential job functions.
• Oversees and maintains product registration process.
• Ensures all incoming materials and associated documentation are compliant with applicable laws and regulations.
• Serves as lead for Global Harmonization System (GHS) program.
• Maintains all SDS’s (Safety Data Sheets)
• Monitors adherence to all applicable ISO 9001Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and Work Instructions (WI’s).
• Achieves acceptable scores on all quality audits
• Plans and performs tests of calibration and testing.
• Updates and maintains ISO documentation.
• Maintain currency with various product registrations.
Research and Development
• Formulates new products
• Modifies existing products to meet customer requirements
• Works with Production Manager to scale up to larger production volumes
• Receives, responds to and maintains records of laboratory test project assignments
• Develops standard procedures for tests
• Evaluates and reports opinions and interpretations of tests and/or calibration
• Serves as primary support to Production
• Provides backup to the Quality function
• Communicates effectively and collaborates throughout the organization
Secondary job accountabilities
• Other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Education BA in Chemistry required; Environmental Science emphasis a plus
Minimum Experience Working knowledge of relevant regulations and compliance requirements, including ISO standards for Quality, Laboratory and Environment.
Key Knowledge Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite required
Attention to Detail – Uses care when working with lots of information in order not to miss important details
Speaking — Talking to others to convey information effectively.
Writing — Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates — Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
Documenting/Recording Information — Entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic/magnetic form.
Getting Information — Observing, receiving, and otherwise obtaining information from all relevant sources.
Monitor Processes, Materials, or Surroundings — Monitoring and reviewing information from materials, events, or the environment, to detect or assess problems.
Processing Information — Compiling, coding, categorizing, calculating, tabulating, auditing, or verifying information or data.
Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge — Keeping up-to-date technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.