A Jobboom account has already been created using this email address.
Please enter your password to connect your Jobboom account with Facebook.
Position: Quality Inspector
Salary: $14 per hour
Perks: benefits after 3 months
Job Type: permanent
Schedule: Monday to Friday, from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. + overtime
Our client, a leader in the lighting industry, is looking for a Quality Inspector to join their team on a permanent basis.
We are looking for someone with Quality experience and/or electrical assembly experience.
In this role, you will primarily inspect parts using the proper measurement tools and statistical sampling techniques to verify conformance to engineering drawing specifications. You will apply all necessary standards and get all other technical sheets properly saved. You also may be called upon to perform in-house calibration duties and issue calibration certificates as needed.
- Ensure that all material information, drawings, material test reports, manufacturing dimensional inspection reports are accurate and up to date
- Inspect parts
- Create non-conformance reports and notify Engineering as required
- Perform inspections, checks, tests, and sampling procedures of incoming materials, parts, subassemblies and finished products
- Approve incoming materials by confirming specifications; conduct visual and measurement tests; reject and return unacceptable materials
- Document inspection results by completing reports and logs
- Evaluate problems and make initial recommendations for possible corrective action to supervise
- Coordinate calibration of all test equipment
- Assist in the writing and updating of inspection procedures, protocols and checklists
- Comply with all safety, environmental and statutory requirements
- Perform other duties as assigned
- DEC in sciences, metrology, or field engineering
- Minimum 2 years of inspection experience – Quality Assurance/Control
- Good knowledge of AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Office and especially Excel (intermediate level or better)
- Mechanically-inclined individual
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Multitasking skills
- Ability to read and interpret all types of mechanical drawings, diagrams, spec sheets, technical standards
- Complete understanding of measuring instruments and how to interpret and maintain them
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational capabilities
Please send your resume as a Word document to the following address: email@example.com.
Connecting you + Quantum: With our contacts and your skills, we're a winning combination. Put Quantum on your team and apply today!
Have you heard about our Referral Bonus Program? If you refer a friend or colleague who is hired, you may be eligible for a Visa Gift card!
We appreciate all expressed interest in this position, however, only the candidates selected for interview will be contacted. You will certainly be contacted before we submit your resume to any of our clients.
Quantum is an equal opportunity employer.
Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/quantumsocial
Founded in 1968 in Montréal, Quantum has established a strong reputation as the full-service human resource partner of choice for providing unique and effective recruitment solutions that meet our clients complex staffing needs. Our unwavering commitment to quality, to client services and to our staff has propelled Quantum to its top position as the largest privately- owned and operated Canadian recruitment firm.
Quantum is a true success story. Initially supplying computer professionals and support staff to government agencies, chartered banks, airlines and major corporations, Quantum’s portfolio quickly expanded to include a full range of permanent, temporary and contract recruiting services in all disciplines, from entry level to senior management, in every business sector. Its rapid growth has resulted in the formation of 14 branch offices throughout North America with primary hubs centered in Canada’s major labour markets.
New on Jobboom
Your profile and CV will now be visible to employers.
Don’t forget to complete your profile and update your CV to help employers find you.